Saturday, March 12, 2016

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY


NUGGETS FROM CALM MY ANXIOUS HEART

LESSON #6   God's standard for our possessions

Remember:  



  • Everything belongs to God
  • Heart attitude is the issue
  • God comes first and possessions second
  • Possessions are to be used, not loved
Money has never been the problem....it's where it is on our priorty list.  God has given us all things to enjoy.


LESSON #7  Set your course ~ What is your personal Mission Statement?

Have you given thought to who you are, what God has called you to do and your purpose in your world.

Remember:  "Live life, then, with a due sense of responsibility, not as women who do not know the meaning and purpose of life, but as those who do.  Make the best use of your time, despite all the evils of the days.  Don't be vague but grasp firmly what you know to be the will of the Lord." (Ephesians 5:15-17)

Everyone's mission statement is different.  It's personal because you determine it.  What do you want to be remembered for.  That a start to making a personal mission statement.


LESSON #8  Worry is like a rocking chair; it will give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere!


"The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith.  The beginning of true faith is the end of enxiety."  ~George Muller

Remember:  "Life is full of potential problems and pain.  But we have a choice.  We can worry or we can trust the Trustworthy One.  We can't do both.  We can follow behind the Shepherd, one step at a time.  The Shepherd is ALWAYS out in front of the sheep.  Any attack upon the sheep, have to take into account that they must first go through the Shepherd.  All the tomorrows of life have to pass HIM, before they can get to us".  ~F.Bl Meyer

More nuggets, more things to ponder.  Hope you were able to get a nugget to think about from Lessons 6, 7, 8.

 Have you ever written personal mission statement?  It's an interesting project if you haven't.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
*images from googleimages.com

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for this week's lessons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is so worth reading. I've taught it several times to womens groups, and each time I find a new nugget to apply.

      Delete
  2. I have too many possessions and lately have been purging. Feels good!
    I tend to be a worrier, even though I know it doesn't help anything. Working on it.
    I've never written a personal mission statement. I bet it would be an interesting exercise.
    Thanks for the nuggets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so easy to accumulate "stuff". I call it that because in many cases it just that, but I hang on to it. I've downsized with the move, and now find myself quite comfortable getting rid of stuff I will never need or use.
      The next 3 nuggets are my favorite. Can't wait to share them next week. They deal with the "WHY's" of worry.
      A mission statement, makes you look inward, and decide what really matters most and what makes you YOU! Doing it for the class was interesting to hear what the other ladies came up with...because it is so personal. Much easier to write someone elses statement. HaHa Sending love and hugs...off to church. Hopefully I'll find another nugget there.

      Delete
  3. Wanda, I always say In got my mother's worry gene...I do know we are to tell God what is bothering us and ask that he will help us...then turn it over to the Lord. I am so thankful for our loving God. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husbands mother was a worrier. She passed it on to my husband...but he's much better now than years ago. I'm not a worrier, and the nuggets I share next week should really be helpful as they explain the Why's we worry. Blessingns and you are so right...everything has to be turned over to the One who said. "Don't worry".

      Delete
  4. The idea of purging your heart as well as your home has been on my mind a lot recently. I am attempting to do just that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think purging heart and home is a very profitable thing. The older I get the more I realize what REALLY matters in my life. Good for you...let's do it together.

      Delete
  5. I love that idea of a purging of the soul, Wanda. I have never written a personal mission statement but I love the idea. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing to do. Diana, I think life gets to busy to reflect on ourselves, as we are so taken with caring for others. (And you most of all, just now) ~ I think of Mary when she PONDERS things in her heart. She was doing an internal mission statement.
      Love, hugs and many prayers

      Delete
  6. I guess maybe I am working on the worry issue. They say hind sight is 20/20, but that isn't helping much today. Perhaps what I'm really looking for is a plan, a plan for how to deal with my aching heart and an uncertain future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Martha ~ I wished I lived near you and I could come along side and help you find that plan. The best part of being old, is so many life experiences that have moulded me into who I am. You are still in that process, and sometimes it's very painful and hard to see the hope in the future. Our study in Titus is about us older women teaching young ones by our example. I'm still learning Martha. We've shared a lot, and I find some of the things that use to hurt me, are healed. God is the great healer, give it time. God's time is never ours. Love you with alll my heart.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for being there and loving me.

      Delete
  7. But, Wanda, you did not give us your mission statement??! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)