Saturday, March 5, 2016

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY




NUGGETS FROM "CALM MY ANXIOUS HEART"

Last week I shared a couple of "nuggets" from my study of Calm my Anxious Heart, by Linda Dillow.  I will share the nuggets from Lessons 3 and 4 and 5 today.

LESSON #3
Our bodies are merely frames to hold God's art work.

Remember:  You were created to fit the unique plan God has for you.  No one can fulfill your purpose but you.  And God's plan for you and His plan for me embrace far more than the events or circumstances that happen to us.
We get hung up on our "frame" or our outward looks, but remember our bodies are just the "frame" that holds the canvas which is the real you, God's artwork.

LESSON #4

The most important ROLE you have is SERVANT.
"Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many." (Matthew 20;28)
"So then, men (women) ought to regard us as servants of Christ, and as those entrusted with the secret things of God." (I Cor. 4:1)

Remember:  Faithfulness is God's standard.  As His servants we are not required to be perfect or successful ~ simply faithful.  Will you choose to use your role as a place to serve others without expecting something in return?

LESSON #5

Forgiveness is not an OPTION!

Remember:  Bitterness seeps into the basement of our lives like the run-off from a broken sewer pipe.  There is no torment like the inner torment of bitterness, which is the by-product of an unforgiving spirit.

Secrets to Forgiveness

  • What I choose to be ~~faithful to God
  • What I choose to do ~ forgive others, and go beyond forgiveness.
  • What I choose to say ~ words of blessing and love
I hope these nuggets will resonate with you and you will find something in them you can relate to and apply.

May I just say thank you for your thoughtful and meaningful comments on my blog "Shortest Line" and last weeks "Nuggets".

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY.

15 comments:

  1. I enjoy pondering these nuggets, Wanda. Thank you for sharing them and for including your own perspective and guidance. I love you. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell you Suza, these "nuggets" have helped me in so many cases over the years. I'm a simple woman, and these small tidbits speaks volumns to me. Pondering is a beautiful thing, and our world is so hectic...seems hard to find time to "ponder". Love you too~~~

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing these nuggets today. Forgiveness is a tough lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, the toughest of all the nuggets, but in reality the most freeing. Living with bitterness is a prison. Something I have to practice all the time. It's a process...we are all on a journey. Thanks for your heartfelt comment.

      Delete
  3. Wanda, There are times when we humans do not want to forgive. But we must. It's what God wants and it's what is good for us ....We have to leave the judging of others to God. It only eats us up inside if we carry anger and bitterness. Blessings , xoxo, Susie
    p.s. thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of all the things we are ask to do in Scripture, forgiveness is the hardest. We feel it so personally when we've been hurt or offended, but that what grace is all about, and when we think of how we offended God, and he still loves and forgives us. Thanks Susie for your thoughts.

      Delete
  4. Number 5 is resonating, but I'm still struggling to understand all it entails. The wounds still bleed even when our desire is to forgive. Perhaps there are cases where they always will. Perhaps He binds those wounds anew each morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, #5 is the most difficult, because it's so personal. I find that no matter how many times I forgive...that bitterness and resentment seeps in the basement of my heart, and I have to CHOOSE to keep on forgiving, and go beyond forgiving with words of blessing to the one who hurts us. The more we bless, the more God grants us mercy and grace to keep on forgiving. Love you so much Martha. You are continually in my heart and prayers.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for these nuggets!!
    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, all we need is a nugget, not a sermon...haha.

      Delete
  6. Oh Wanda, what a beautiful and precious post. I was so encouraged by these nuggets and I was your words reminded me that I have been created by God for a unique purpose. Thank you, sweet friend.

    Have a wonderful week. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After teaching this book several times, I realized that many times after a study....we forget what we've learned. That's why I put the "nuggets" together so I could constantly remind myself.
      So glad you were reminded that we do have a unique purpose...custom made for us!
      Love and hugs..dear friend.

      Delete
  7. I just got the book today looking forward to reading !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all very good and crucial too, I might add. good words.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)