Thursday, March 31, 2016

THE EASTER BONNET WINNER


The winner was Barbara and her most colorful and most creative masterpiece.  She used every thing on the "supply" table, from cloth ribbon, feathers, curly ribbon and topped it with a bird on top of a ribbon spool.  (Click to enlarge)


We didn't wear our own hats in the parade because we wanted it to be judged on the hat, not the personality of the one wearing it.  It was a fun party, and the parade of hats was a favorite for everyone.  

Congratulations Barbara...A job well done!!!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. I like the idea of not wearing your own creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Congratulations to Barbara. Good idea to judge the hats, rather than voting for the person. I remember one year in San Marcos, a lady with a hat covered with flowers and a bird nest on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, Oh what fun. I loved the bonnets. Glad you enjoy yourself. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i imagine that was fun. I'm so not social but when i see events like this it makes me wish i was, just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice idea...just like the good old days...I remember always getting a new coat,shoes and a hat for Easter...
    HAve a great weekend dear Wanda...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so happy...and look at that hat! haha...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some bonny bonnets! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What good old fashion fun....
    Love the hats and the joy of being together.
    I really missed a traditional Easter this year.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, congrats to Barbara for certain! And prob best you didn't judge with hats on the makers as your wonderfully thick hair might have swayed people's opinions too much! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)