Wednesday, March 23, 2016

RETIRED LIFE ~ HA HA HA

 We hit the ground running this week, and it's only Wednesday, and we've already shared three meals with three different sets of friends and family from out of state, and country!

Above is Les and Nancy.  Don knew Les back in High School days and they were coming through Southern CA on their way home in Idaho and we were able to have lunch Tuesday at Stonefire Grill.


Then Tuesday evening we had dinner with Kris and Ted.  Those of you who have followed my blog for a long time know Kris as my lifelong friend.  We met as small children.  Lived across the street from each other and our friendship spans 70 years.



Kris and I went to Biola College together where I met my dearest.  Kris met Ted a little later and they just retired, but spent their life translating the New Testament into Zapotec with Wycliffe Bible Translators and leave their legacy in villages where the work continues with those Ted trained to carry on.



Then today, we had lunch at Dave and Busters with Don's niece and nephew from Sweden.  And also another nephew and his son.  We don't get to see this part of the Slaven family very often, so this was a real treat!  They head back to Sweden in a couple weeks.

So the beat goes on, and with all this eating out...I think I will need to get very serious about salad's only next week.  

But what a blessing to be able to visit with dear friends and family.  Life is short...We don't know what tomorrow brings, so we must live each day like the last and enjoy it to the fullest!!  


9 comments:

  1. Oh my!
    Feasting Family Friendship
    What could be better? xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lot of fun!
    Wishing you a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have a chance to spend time with all these friends and family. We should always make time for others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your wonderful retirement life with us Wanda, truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you live a busy life! But looks like you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I'm not always good at doing the last paragraph you wrote about, I totally agree with you there. SO glad you had these opps to be with loved ones. Wow, I didn't realise you went to Biola College. That is still a good school from what I understand.

    Zapotec? I have no idea where that is even spoken. How incredible they could do and offer that. Marvelous!

    I'm so touched that you have a friend you've known for so long who is still a friend! My mom had many like that too but they've all since died--every one of them, even those younger than her. Crazy, as she was the least healthy of them all. Sad really but she has the memories (when not suffering as badly from her dementia these days).

    I have one friend from teenage adn childhood that I'm still in touch with--my good friend, Richard, who now lives a few hours out of London but still incredibly commutes into work each day and goes to HTB church in the city each w/e. We are truly friends which I'm glad for as I've forgotten so much but he never forgets a thing, even remembering the day and time and date we did something. The funny thing is too, our lives are so different from one another. He's never even been on a real date as of yet and not from lack of trying! He has no kids, needles to say, and never been married of course. He does not get art at all but does do music which I don't. Still, we have a shared faith outlook and shared memories for the most part. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)