Saturday, March 19, 2016

PALM SUNDAY PRAYER







The Triumphal Entry

John 12:13 "Hosanna!  Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!  Blessed is the King of Isreal."

 O Lord the cry was Hosanna! Save now!  Rescue us, Jesus.  We need Your help!  We need Your deliverance!  Hosanna, save now!  This is precisely what You came to do, but in a way we did not expect.  In order to save us You had to lay down Your life.  Before you could wear the crown of glory, You first had to wear the crown of thorns.  You heard our cry for mercy.  You answered our prayer for a Savior King.

Today we join our voices with the song of the crowd and with the song of countless multitudes who are waving palm branches before the throne of the Lamb.  And we cry out to You are our King: "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

Thank You for being the perfect Lamb.  We love and honor You!!  Amen.

I wanted to share a prayer for Palm Sunday, and next week I will get back to our "Nuggets" from the book Calm My Anxious Heart.

Have a blessed Palm Sunday and Holy Week.

Maranatha Worship Bible
googleimages.com

9 comments:

  1. Wanda, Thank you for this post. It's so nice to remember the One who loved us most. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Wanda, I've gone all the way back to the "Meet me" art piece post to leave comments. Caught up now! MY heart is a lil' less anxious that I now don't have as much to catch up on here. :) Enjoy your easter w/e's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter used to sing a song by Sandi Patti, "Blessed is He Who Comes in the Name of the Lord." Awesome powerful message!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings to you as well, Wanda. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post and beautiful reminder for all that we have.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Palm Sunday has always been a favorite, maybe because I was born on that day and maybe because the story is so beautiful.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)