Sunday, March 13, 2016

A PANIC ATTACK

 My Saturday morning started out so well.  I pulled out my bin of summer clothes, and found a couple of nice skirts I had forgotten I had.  I really needed a couple of new tops to match them.  One in gray and one cream.  Off to the Thrift Outlet that is just down the street to see what I could find.

In and out of the dressing room trying on tops and finally deciding on a nice grey one with sparkles, a plain cream one and a bonus turquoise one to wear with pants.

Paid for my purchases and went to my car.  Reached in the zipper pocket where I keep my keys.  NO keys.   No problem, I'm always sticking them in the wrong pocket.  Searched every zipper pocket, no keys.  Looked through the whole purse, no keys.  I had dropped my purse getting into the dressing room, so thought maybe they fell out.

Back in the store, ask if anyone had turned in any keys.  No.  checked the dressing room, no.  Went down every row looking, nada. 
I could feel the panic starting in the pit of my stomach, and then moving up to my head.  Where are my keys???? I know I put them in my purse!!!


There was a large round table at the front of the store so I very carefully took everything out of my purse, pocket by pocket until the purse was completely empty.   I really didn't want to call my dearest and have him come and get me and know my keys to the car, house, pool, etc. were on that ring.

Just then I notice a rip in the lining of the top pocket, and down deep, very deep in the bottom of the pocket, at the bottom of the purse, were my keys!!!   Sigh*****

It's a terrible feeling to lose something, but when you KNOW you put those keys in your purse a few minutes before, and they completely disappear...that's a real feeling of panic.

We've all felt it, but I hope I don't have to feel it again for a long, long time.  Guess who is sewing up that lining good and tight?

22 comments:

  1. Aieee! I have had similar experiences and I know that awful, growing feeling of panic. So glad you found them.
    One time I dropped my keys down the elevator shaft in my condo building. The crack is very small and I could not have aimed and hit it, but sonehow down they went. Hopeless feeling. They were retrieved next day and apparently I am not the only one in my building to have done this! Our poor super... we do keep him busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that sure brings back another memory. When I was in property management, we managed a large building with an elevator, and that happend. That dear lady was truly in a panic until we told her we could get her keys back.

      Delete
  2. That happened to my cell phone once!!! I didn't find it until Louis Dean called me and I could see my purse lighting up!!
    Once last year I lost my keys in a restaurant! I COULD NOT find them! I had gone to the bathroom there so I searched and searched - retracing my every step. You know where I found them? IN THE TRASH CAN! Apparently I had tossed them in there after washing my hands!!
    I so agree with you - I do NOT like that panic feeling when I lose something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cell phone and keys....how can we live without them. How did we years ago? HaHa.

      I had to laugh at the "Trash Can"....I can see me doing that!

      Delete
  3. Wanda, I know this feeling. Once, happened to me the same; the pocket of my coat was lacerated and the keys went to the bottom of mt coat... luckily there was the internal liner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best thing that happend to me was with a rain coat. It has been in the back of the closet all summer, and when the first rain came and I put it on....found a $20 in the pocket...that was a good day. HaHa

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I glad it hasn't happend to me very many time...that does cause "anxiety" even when I'm reading Calm my Anxious Heart. HaHa

      Delete
  5. Know the feeling, actually lost mine once and of course my husband was out of town. But it only cost about $45.00 to have a locksmith come out , make me anew one and let me in the car. Now with smart keys it's over $100 to get a key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I don't have smart keys or a smart phone...maybe some day. HaHa

      Delete
  6. I have things happen like that. It seems that it I am always losing my keys these days and I always seem to have a panic attack when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to have "ONE" pocket to keep my keys in my purse...but that purse has way too many pockets..and then with a torn lining....Life..it's always something....HaHa

      Delete
  7. LOL, nothing like the feeling that you're losing it.

    If I pulled out my summer clothes it would be a from big pile of clothes at the bottom of my closet, most are probably clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim~ Thanks for the belly laugh this morning. Sounds like you have your own brand of organizing. Let's see those running shorts should be about 1 foot down and a little to the left...Yep...there they are!!!
      Have a great day!!!

      Delete
  8. That is a total nightmare Wanda, glad you were calm about this and discovered the location. Eeps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think, Christine I would learn to be calm...I getting better. I decided I would tear that purse apart before calling my dearest. HaHa

      Delete
  9. I have had that very thing happen and it is a panicky feeling for sure. My plan when losing things these days is to stay perfectly calm because, if I start to lose it, everything will be in shambles and I'll never find it. Good for you for not calling in the troops. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the older I get the better I am at thinking it through and trying not to panic. I KNEW I had put those keys in my purse....But it's easy to doubt when you can't find them.

      Delete
  10. Well that's a relief - so not good to lose ones' keys. I have been to a thrift store in a long time. I miss the ones I would go to when we lived down the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the thrift store in Sunand....but I have foound a couple good ones where we live now.


      Good thrift stores are hard to find.

      Have a great day.

      Delete
  11. Ah yes I can relate tho I never can recalled of having ever had a purse swallow up my keys before. Nice post Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Wanda, I've experienced that way too many times than I care to recall. Well, OK, not with a ripped lining in my purse, mind you! :) As my "meet the artist" sketch showed, I lose my keys regularly (about every other day, I think)!!

    Good to sew that bag up nice and tight. At least it's not your head that is screwed on too loose! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)