Sunday, February 28, 2016

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY

NUGGETS FROM "CALM MY ANXIOUS HEART"

Over the past 15 years I've had the pleasure of teaching Linda Dillow's book "Calm My Anxious" heart to a couble of Ladies Group and to several young women one on one.

Every lesson was filled with wonderful stories and nuggets on living a Christ like life.  As women we have the tendency to have anxious hearts because so much of family and children depends on us.

I decided to pull a "nugget" from each lesson to reminde me of the lessons learned reading, studying and teaching this book.

Over the next few weeks I'm going to share a few nuggets.

Lesson #1 ~ Teacup Theology
"God is the blessed controller of all things, the king over all kings and the master of all masters" (I Timothy 6:15)
"Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure."  (Psalm 16:5)

Remember Jesus in the Garden, "Father, if you are willing take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." (Luke 22:42)  Christ grasped the handle of His cup and lifted it to God and said, "I accept my portion.  Infuse me with your strength that I may drink."

Am I willing to lift my cup, even if I don't like what is in it, to the Father and say Thy will be done, or will I smash it to the ground and say it's too hard...I handle my own life.

Lesson #2 ~ Mud or Stars?
Two women looked through prison bars
One saw mud, the other saw stars.

Remember each of us has a choice about the way we look at life.  We can focus on the mud or lift our eyes and see the stars.  Every woman has circumstances that appear to be prison bars.  God wants you and me to learn to be content IN our circumstances, not when they improve.

Our Part:  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God"  (Phil. 4:6)
God's Part:  "And the peace of God which transcends all our powers of thought will be a garrison to guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:7)

Each of the nuggets I will share from week to week over the next few weeks will encourage us how to live a contented life in a world of anxiety.

Have a great week...and remember Accept your "cup" and see the "stars".




12 comments:

  1. I read and worked through this book of hers and absolutely loved it. It's perfect for anyone going through (or how has gone through) challenging times in their life. Thank you for sharing this. Hope you're doing well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so wonderful Alexandra. My book is so underlined, highlighted, circled, and notes in the margin...I need to order a new one, and start all over again. Each time I read or teach it, I learn more new lessons. Love and Hugs.

      Delete
  2. You are so sweet. thanks for the comments on my blog.
    I must remember to lift my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to more nuggets.

      Delete
    2. Your life and servant attitude is a sweet fragrance not only to me, but those you serve, and especially our Lord who loves a servant heart. Hugs...I do love this book.

      Delete
  3. I never read this book ..I just ordered it from my local library ...Looking forward to your nuggets of knowledge that my ears need to hear !!! Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it. And I think you will want to purchase a copy as I have, just to underline, highlight and circle...HaHa.
      We all need some helpful nuggets don't we?

      Delete
  4. Thanks for these important 'Nuggets' today Wanda I found them very meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting book, Wanda. It is hard to see the stars sometimes. But staying in the mud isn't a great alternative. I have bouts of anxiety, but have various methods to cope including meditation and good conversations with family/friends. Hope you had a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your nuggets of wisdom! We know we can trust our anxious hearts to our loving Father!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Women's Prayer Luncheon are just beginning the 12 week study of Calm My Anxious Heart. I know we will be gaining armfuls of nuggets from the wisdom of this book.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)