Saturday, February 20, 2016

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY

Good Morning ~ Do you have time to join me in a cup of coffee and a few thoughts for Sunday.

As I watch our society, it seems we have become such a selfish Nation in so many ways.   In every walk of life we hear "WHAT ABOUT ME?"

Years ago, when Julie had Nick, and brought him home from the hospital, the two little sisters wanted to hold him.  Amanda was the oldest and she sat on the couch holding little Nick so carefully.  Monica, a few years younger, kept repeating  "What about me?" "What about me?" She wanted to hold that new little brother too.  

That story has stuck in my mind, as I see selfishness on a rampage in so many avenues of out lives.  I'm sorry to say in many cases it's become the normal, an accepted attitude.  Sadly, from time to time, I find myself saying (perhaps not out loud, but in my heart)  What about Wanda?  What about my needs?  What about my desires?  What about my future?  What about my life?

The truth of the matter is, Jesus said before the foundations of the world, "I knew you, I loved you, and my plan is all about you!!

What about my needs?  "My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus"  Philippians 4:19
What about my desires?  "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart".  Psalms 37:4
What about my future?  "For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not evil, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11
What about my life?  "The thief (Satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full."  John 10:10

When you get discouraged and begin to hear yourself say "What about me?"  Remember our Heavenly Father from the beginning time prepared a plan for you to know Him personally through His Son, Jesus Christ.  The longer I walk with Jesus, and now it's been a long long time, I realize it's really less about me and more about Jesus, the One and Only.

Hope you have a wonderful week.  Thanks so much for sharing a cup of coffee and a few of my thoughts for Sunday. 

16 comments:

  1. So true. I am glad you posted this. I just finished a book on the subject. Your version condenses it a lot but is the essence. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your Sunday thoughts, Wanda. I hope you have a blessed one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. And by the way, I love this photo. Pretty lady!

      Delete
  3. Thanks This is what I needed to hear today ! It was the perfect brew again thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree wholeheartedly and that "me" mentality is very prevalent here in every aspect of daily life. It is quite disturbing to say the least. And with everyone's head stuck in their "smart" phones, it just seems to be getting worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, if more people would take it to heart, but I fear the " me, me, me" mentality has become imbedded in our national mindset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that I was thinking the same thing just yesterday, how I didn't want to do a particular thing and thinking what about how I feel. It was quite a conversation between me, myself and I...and then the Lord spoke the very things you wrote about. This human flesh has to learn the same lesson over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect! We think about ourselves far too much. Good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanda, I want to be the woman God intends for me to be....so badly. I feel I truly try...I just have to keep trying.Because some times I am guilty of saying "what about me?" :) Thanks for the reminder. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for today's inspiration Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually did share a cuppa with you now, while dunking a choc cookie and read along. :) You have a good way with words when teaching, Wanda. You have that unique ability not to be over bearing or pushy which is so rare to find in the blog world when it comes to faith.
    Yes, keeping an eternal perspective is sometimes the only thing that pulls me out of the doldrums when I hear about some of the horrors people face. So sad.
    And yes too, definitely we are becoming more self centred than maybe a few decades back at least. I feel that is all part of the dumbing down of our society to its base elements. We see that in the rudeness of candidates, the consistently rude way people order their food or coffees without one please or thank you or even our own language where swearing had become almost blase. WE don;t seem to care to engage our glorious language but would rather default to such a lack of imagination as vulgarity offers. In fact, even in my work, I'm amazed at waht now passes off as professional. I am only 50 but feel I might as well be 80 sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful message we all need to hear! OFTEN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Encouraging. Thank you Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the encouragement that this post brought. I have been dealing with some negativity in my life and truly needed this today.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)