Friday, February 5, 2016

I LOVE QUILTS

Click to enlarge

I have always loved quilts.  Especially hand stitched ones.  One of the thrift stores we go to is "Cash Only" and we were there several weeks ago and I had $20 cash in my wallet.  I saw this quilt with soft greens, blues, pinks with a scalloped edge.  I loved it.  Spread it out and it was in perfect condition.  Price $30.

I thought that was a little pricey for a Thrift Store but really love the feel and colors of the quilt....so Spring.  And I have two sets of sheets that match perfectly.   I told myself it's wasn't meant to be and never gave it another thought.

FAST FORWARD~~ Today we took a trip over and I was just thumbing through the linens and spotted the quilt on the rack.  I was almost positive it was the same one.  I turned it over to see if it said $30 but there was no tag on it.  I ask an employ if she would check a price for me.  She took the quilt to the back where they price and came back with a tag marked $9.95.

I tried to act normal, but I was doing a "happy dance" inside as I skipped up to the payout line.  Best $10 bucks I've spent in a long time.  

Do you like quilts?  I have several in diffent colors, but there was something about this one.  I think it's the scalloped edges.

15 comments:

  1. Wowie, Wanda you got a steal and I'm sure it was meant to be.
    Your bedroom looks so "Springy". Love the colors.
    I do think you have the very best Thrift stores where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! We know that patience is a virtue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, Ha, I love your good deal on that pretty quilt. So good that you went back to the store. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors of it, you're right, it's very spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great deal! I am looking for a quilt for my bed and I may ask for one for my birthday if I don't get one before. I may go later today to look for one. I have decided that our farm house needs a quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo ...Just love getting a bargain ...I'm doing a HAPPYDANCE for you !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great buy Wanda! I feel like going to the thrift store now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love quilts. If I could find them for ten bucks, I'd have a whole collection!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My guess that Quilt was just waiting for you to take it home. Good Deal for sure on that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes you miss out on an opportunity and sometimes it's meant to be. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Wanda! I am thrilled to pieces for you! Good things come to those who wait! I love that quilt and I have been wanting a new one for my granddaughter's bedroom. I may need to check out a thrift store rather than searching the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have paid $30 for it in a heartbeat! They are usually hundreds of dollars. WOW!
    It's so pretty and looks great with what you already have.
    I love quilts and have several. Something so comforting about them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a friends mom who makes quilts, she has a huge machine in her workshop. She made two for me a year or so ago with pictures on the fabric that were auctioned off at the local Chamber of Commerce funding banquit. I went down and watched her do it and tried to do the stitching, just so I could say I helped.....she got me off that machine real quick, lol. Not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad for you! hiow marvelous! Yes, I love quilts. We have one old one on our bed too! no stuffed toys though, must say. Well,Alex used to have a snoopy but not sure what happened to him. Hmm....will have to ask.
    Oh! I jsut asked. She said it's packed! Poor old Snoops. not enough room I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)