Wednesday, February 17, 2016

"HANDS ON" COOKING CLASS

Click to enlarge 
Our class was small today with sickness, work and doctors appointments.  But for those that came we had a very fun class making two kinds of Quiche.  Above is our Ham Artichoke Quiche.
Click to enlarge
The best way to learn is "hands on" so Carolina volunteered to roll out a crust and crimp the edges for the second quiche, which was bacon, green onion, zuchinni.  We rounded out the meal with coffee cake and fruit.

My dearest sat in today and took pictures, as the manager had to miss because of a doctor's appointment.   He enjoyed the lunch and later told me he thought I did an excellent job teaching.  That meant a lot, as sometime I wonder, since I'm so busy doing it.  HaHa.

I was very proud of the gals as they all repeated my two quotes:'
"Have everything ready before you begin"
"Clean as you go!"  Yeah, they are listening!!

Instead of a cooking class next month, we are going to have a Craft Day and decorated "Easter Bonnets" to wear and have a contest at our Easter Party Celebration at the Villa.

My calendar finally has a few blank days....Yeah, I hope to visit all of you I've missed lately.


14 comments:

  1. That must have been an interesting class, lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet you are a great teacher, the quiches look delicious. And you're 2 rules govern my kitchen every time I cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I come and play with you?
    The Villa sounds absolutely perfect.
    Lives are being changed and your ministry is blooming.
    Love you, Teacher Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, I do believe in clean as you go..the quiche looks great. Glad your hubby went too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a lot of fun and the quiches look magazine perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how involved you are WHEREVER you are!!!
    And OF COURSE you are a great teacher!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cooking classes...sounds a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use those rules too Wanda plus always start with all worksurfaces clean and clear. I like quiches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool is that. Would love to be in attendance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious! I love quiche and bet both of these were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh they look sooooo good! How fun that your dearest was there and that he commented on your prowess. I have no doubt you are a great teacher and they are so fortunate to have you. Yay, Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you are offering these classes. AS I often say, those neighbours are so fortuante enough to have you. If you had a big house in a private residential area, there is no way you would be able to interact as much with others. I just hope you tree house is quiet in terms of sharing walls adn floors/ceilings with others. That is one issue we deal with with our enighbour who is a total addict--smking, TV watching, loud music, etc. The only time it stops is when she goes to church but the rest of the time she wiles away her days watching TV 24-7. Being that she smokes non stop, it's not possible to go over adn even visit with her!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)