Thursday, January 28, 2016

GOING THROUGH VS GOING AROUND


I'm taking a little weekend trip with my daughters, so thought I'd leave you with a story from my past while I'm gone.

There was a fatal accident on Hwy 99 between Salida and Pelandale exits.  Traffic was backed up for miles.  I was on my way to a bridal shower for one of my co-workers in Ripon and was caught right in the middle of it.  Sitting for three hours on the freeway and moving less than 10 miles gives you time to think.  

After sitting at a virtual standstill for more than an hour, my brain went into motivation mode.....How do I get around this??  To the right, I had a lane of traffic bumper to bumper, and no off ramp in sight.  To the left, a lane of traffic and a center divider.  Behind me a white pickup towing a van.  In front of me an 18 wheeler that I stared at for 3 hours.  Truck number 2158, California Lic. #UB6269.  A sign "This truck makes wide turns".  Inspection #27849.  I will never forget the back of that truck.  Again the question?  How can I get around this???  The obvious answer... I can't... I have to go through it!

At that moment, all the scriptures about our Savior "going through" vs. "going around" HIT ME!

Jesus said "I need to go THROUGH Samaria.  Our Lord went THROUGH the leper colonies, THROUGH the valley of Temptation.  THROUGH rejection, betrayal, abandonment, beatings, mockings and finally THROUGH the torture of crucifixion.  He went through it all.

Don't you know the Woman at the well in Samaria was forever changed because Jesus went through instead of around.  Don't you know the lepers rejoiced with his healing touch.  Don't you know I will ever stand in awe that my Jesus went through the pain and agony of Calvary for ME!  Jesus had a plan each time he went through an episode in His life.  It led to a greater victory, ultimately the Cross and our salvation.

Sitting in that traffic jam that Saturday afternoon was a lesson.  Whatever I am called on in this life to go THROUGH...He did it before me..He is with me, and will give me the victory.

Have a great weekend....see you went I get back.

15 comments:

  1. Wanda, Oh that was a long wait. Whenever I have to sit in traffic, I pray no one else comes along and runs in the the last man..causing more havoc. I would probably have prayed. It's good to have books, paper and your phone. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful post. We once got caught in a traffic jam over the Brenner Pass. The best we could do was keep our sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your analogy. When we are able to get beyond our frustration, it's interesting where our minds can journey to.
    Hope you have a wonderful mother/daughters weekend and hope you aren't stuck behind any trucks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you I needed this post today !!!! Have a wonderful trip with your daughters !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great analogy! Thanks for reminding us that we need to get through the hard times, there's no way we can go around them. He is with us! have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful lesson - to be learned over and over....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have no idea how this is speaking to me. I can hardly believe what I am reading...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This post is amazing! It was a perfect compliment to an old devotional that I found at this link.

    http://seekingwisdomcravinggrace.blogspot.com/2013/11/forgiveness-and-suffering.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a terrific reminder...
    How many times I sure don't want to go through IT.....
    Thank you for seeing the positive side of going through.
    Have a wonderful weekend with your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great reminder that some things we just have to go through. And that our Lord went through things too. We don't always want to go through things, but sometimes that's the only way to get to the other side. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! So true! Jesus did it all for us

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wanda, I met your blog last year because of the RAK organised by Betsy (http://myfivemen.blogspot.it).
    I'm organising it now on my blog, if you're interested in you can check it out.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a nice trip and thank you for this inspiring lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your trip.
    So, after getting through that, what was in store on the other end?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Wanda, this is RAK week; starting from Friday 5th at 00.00 PM CET to Sautrday 6th at 08.00 AM CET you will be able to comment my post!! Have fun and thank you for taking part.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)