Sunday, December 20, 2015

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY


A PROMISE FULFILLED


Luke 2:28-32 "Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying 'Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace, for my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel'.

Thank you for fulfilling the desire of Simeon's heart ~ not only did he see You, but he held You in his arms.  And I thank You, Lord, that what Simeon waited a lifetime to see has been revealed for all who will open their eyes.  You are the light of the world.  You are the hope of salvation for all who believe.   I love You.  Amen.

This picture touch my heart.  So precious that babe, and so faithful our God to let Simeon life to see his salvation.

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful image filled with light and love. Wishing you a blessed Sunday, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas. Beautiful painting. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. I really hadn't given a lot of thought to Simon this Christmas time. What a beautiful promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. I really hadn't given a lot of thought to Simon this Christmas time. What a beautiful promise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful!! such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a wonderful song of Christmas called Simeon's Song. I'll have to go looking for it now that I have had this reminder. I have always loved that God allowed Anna and Simeon, two devoted servants of The Lord, to hold that child in their arms. How amazed Mary and Joseph must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smiled because our pastor's message this morning was on this very passage.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Vee's comment and now I shall have to look for that song.
    Beautiful thoughts for this December Sunday.....

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)