The Tea Party at the Villa was a delightful success. A first for the Villa and the first for most of those attending. I used my hat boxes, tea books, pictures, my straw hat and a bouquet of fresh flowers for the main decorations.
- A variety of scones, coffee cake, chicken salad mini sandwiches, fruit, banana bread, cookies and cream puffs. All so yummy.
- I chose my favorite cup and introduced these ladies to English Breakfast Tea ~ with cream and sugar.
- Rosemary with the cup she chose.
- Barbara liked my yellow rose cup and made the cream puffs for the party.
- The food table
- Some nice visiting.
- Willie the maintenance man joined for a few minutes, and demonstrated how to hold their tea cup with a "pinky" finger.
- Priscilla is our "Key Lady" at the Villa if you get locked out.
- Irma is on the left and lives downstairs from us. I didn't get the name of her friend.
- We used pump thermoses for the hot water. Worked out very nice.
- Another view of the decorations.
- Cups, saucers, sugar bowls and creamer graced each table with a bouquet of fresh flowers.
One lady hugged me when it was over and said "I love you from my heart". It brought a tear to both of us. I'm so God planted me at the Villa and is giving me a ministry here. (I almost felt like a Pastor's Wife again)