Friday, December 18, 2015

PANETTONE AND TOFFEE


Trader Joe's had single servings of the Italian Panettone Classica.  The label says "A perfect little panettone to eat all on your own, (or share if you must) HaHa.  I did share mine with my dearest, but he doesn't have quite the love of it I do.  He had not tasted it, and I didn't want to buy the large one if he didn't like it. (However, I could eat a large one by myself)  I thought my little "baker" would enjoy a piece too.  He looks so cute sitting on my counter.  I just love him.



I've been fighting a cold the past few days, but feel so much better today I decided to get my chocolate grated for my toffee and get a batch made for Christmas.

Saturday is a "Girls Day Out" shopping trip with my daughters and granddaughters at the outlets in Carlsbad down by San Diego.  We did it last year at it was so much fun we decided it would be a good Christmas tradition.

This afternoon we have our Christmas Party at the Clubhouse for the residents of Villa Ramona.   I hear the menu is tamales, rice, beans and lots of side dishes and desserts.  All catered so the residents can just come and enjoy.

In the count down to Christmas I want to keep my heart and mind focus on the REASON FOR THE SEASON.  The incredible GIFT that began in a manger and was finalized on the cross. 

18 comments:

  1. Panettone and toffee - yup, I think that just about covers all the food groups! Yum.
    Sorry to hear you've had a bug, but glad you're on the mend.
    I love outlet shopping. May I come, too? I will carry your bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of anything I would like more than to share a piece with you and sit on the couch and visit with a cup of coffee.

      I love outlet shopping too, but my joy is being with my "girls" whether I find anything or not. Yes join us....but you don't have to carry the bags. HaHa. Sending love.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. Shopping with my girls, and my adult granddaughters is really a treat.

      Delete
  3. Wanda, I like your chef too. I think that new tradition you are starting with the girls is a wonderful one. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he cute? Yes these are the traditions that I hope will last. Now that all the granddaughters are adults it makes it a lot of fun.

      Delete
  4. I love Panettone! yum!

    Your shopping tradition sounds wonderful!
    I know you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have shared it with you. Next time I'm getting the big one.

      Daughters and granddaughters...the best!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are having a wonderful Christmas Wanda! Boo on that cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I think the cold is on the way out!!! Thank goodness.

      Delete
  6. Love PANETTONE !!! I would also make a PANETTONE bread pudding soooo good ! I use the one with Chocolate chips ...Recipe is on my blog http://paticlark.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-treats.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Pati...that sounds wonderful.

      Thanks for the link.

      Delete
  7. I am positive I have tasted panettone, but I just can't remember anything about how it tasted. What a wonderful family tradition for the girls. You are a blessed woman. Wanda, you are so right to keep your focus on our Savior and what Christmas really means to us. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me a little of a yeast bread with a few candied fruits and raisins in it. It is very light and tasty. I use the same type fruit when I make hot cross buns for Easter.

      Delete
  8. Merry Christmas Wanda! My email was hacked so I deleted it and my blog and started over. Somewhere along the line, I lost touch but saw your comment on NanaDiana's blog just now.
    I love your little chef. I have not tasted the Panettone. I sure hope you are feeling much better and that you find lots of goodies during girl's day out. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. we love both these treats in our house too!!
    I love that you all go shopping together,,, sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling better Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, you are one busy lady. I did send you a FB private message.
    Thank you for the card..it means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)