Saturday, December 5, 2015

FAMILY HISTORY




Matthew 1:1  "The record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ son of David, the son of Abraham."

In this passage we find name after name after name.  Many people reading this would skip over it as boring, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Dear Lord Jesus, what a wonder it is that You entered the human race as You did.  You chose to incarnate Yourself through a genealogy of mixed tribes and races, bluebloods and bullies, heroes and harlots, saints and sinners.  

Thank You for representing each person on earth, for identifying with every one of us.  Thank You Lord, for reaching out to me, here and now, right where I am.  I love You.  Amen.

It's wonderful reading the Christmas story from Matthew, Mark and Luke.   Each from a different perspective and together giving us the entire a peek into the greatest night in history.

Have a wonderful Sunday....


image from googleimages. com
Prayer ~ Maranatha Worship Bible

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I'm so glad He reached out to me and I chose to reach back.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Wanda. I love this post. The Lord wants us all to find that connection , Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful it wasn't for the rich and beautiful, but us common folk. I love that He loves and reached out to me JUST AS I AM.

      Delete
  3. Great thoughts and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every perspective helps illumine and enlighten. Have a blessed Sunday, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. Tunnel vision never gets you anywhere. As long as it's in the "Book" I'm for it. Blessing dear friend.

      Delete
  5. Great post! We are all a part of all others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely spiritual post Wanda, have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I do love Sunday and reflecting on what the Lord is doing in my life and family.

      Delete
  7. I find it wonderfully amazing that the women who were mentioned by name were those who might have been treated as outcasts or viewed with suspicion. What a loving God He is to include them in His genealogy.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I relate to those women, and think it's so beautiful that they were included and had such an important role in His genealogy. And me, so glad he loves me just as I am...flawed and all, but righteous in His sight because of his gift of salvation. Hugs dear friend,

      Delete
  8. Every day I ask myself, "I am so imperfect. How can God love me?" And every day I feel strengthened and reassured. Thanks for such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the visit Jan. I do enjoy visiting your blog and all the wonderful research you do and share.
      We are all flawed...I feel it to, and then I realize God loves us just the way we are and wants us to accept that and feel His love and Joy.

      Delete
  9. thank you for sharing this today,, such an inspiration you are for me,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, Laurie....thanks so much, but I must say you inspire me and I know that God looks down at you, and are so pleased you belong to Him. I was so glad to see you back on your blog. Love you so much. Blessings dear.

      Delete
  10. Amen! Have a blessed week, my friend. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amoldo. Christmas Blessings.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)