Tuesday, December 8, 2015

CHRISTMAS FUN WITH MY HONEY

 
Don and I were like a couple of kids in a candy store when we found a French Bakery in the Mall.  Glass case after glass case filled with the most wonderful pastries.  We chose a ham, bell pepper and cheese on a pastry, a hotdog with sweet mustard in a pastry shell and a yummy little strawberry/kiwi tart.

The top right picture was view from the bakery.



What took us inside was the "MERRY CHRISTMAS" sign in the window.  I'm a Merry CHRISTmas kind of person and was happy to see a business using this instead of Happy Holidays.

The French decorations were so cute including this old style bicycle on the counter.  Once we were outside, my dearest found a friend.  His birthday is next week and he wanted this real bad, but they wouldn't gift wrap and deliver, so I'll look for something else.

This is going to be a NO STRESS Christmas.  My package to Jill and family in Oregon is packed and on it's way to Oregon.   So now I can enjoy the next couple of weeks, baking and making mom's English Toffee.

A fun shopping trip is planned with my daughters and granddaughters and that should be a lot of fun, and hopefully finish off any gifts that are needed.

I hope you will take time to have some FUN!  It's such a joyful season that is turned into a stressful season because we tend to forget that CHRISTmas is a gift to enjoy. 

Villa Tea Party tomorrow.  I'll take pictures. 

13 comments:

  1. It sounds like you found a terrific place to eat.
    Wow, you are so far ahead of me in the Christmas prep department. Having Mark here for a week and then being gone for almost a week has put me far behind. I wouldn't change any of it though.
    Tonight Dave and I went to church to fill and prepare to b sent over 1000 boxes to send to the military all around the world. It's such a feeling of accomplishment and joy to do it. Have fun at your Villa Tea Party tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is indeed a gift to enjoy if we take the time for it.

    Finding a good bakery is so much harder to do here. In England, almost ever block has a fantastic one with the most wonderful beautiful cakes to enjoy with one's coffees or tea. Such cakes here jsut don't exist. A Fench bakery woudl be a good substitute though. :)

    So glad you are enjoying your christmas hols. Isn't it nice having all the xmas shopping done too?

    Speaking of Christ-mas, did you read the article about a town in New Jersey where a ballot measure was passed forcing the mayor and town to recognise the Christmas tree as just that when doing the lighting. no, it was not a holiday tree or bush but clearly, obviously, a Christmas tree! Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those French pastries look wonderful! How great to find a shop like that.

    I am so NOT ready for Christmas. So much to do yet. And no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering - nothing like French pastries!
    I love your dearest's new friend. Molly might be jealous for a bit, and you'll have one heck of a food bill... but who doesn't like a distinguished, dapper, dino! Oh... and you'll have to get a ginormous litter box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and shopping do not go together, lol. However, I could have fun in the bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh they do look and sound good, I have never been to a pastry shop like that!!
    You sound so calm and relaxed, thats a wonderful way to enter this what can be such a hectic time, you are a breath of fresh air,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Don with his new pet on Facebook. haha.

    I love those glass display cases full of beautiful pastries....I could look in there for hours! Gorgeous stuff. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two always find a way to have fun no matter what you do! I love how you get so excited over the simple pleasures in life!!
    Merry CHRISTmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanda, What a nice fun time for you and your husband. Those foods looked very good. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I feel like having some dessert! Thanks for the great advice, Christmas should be FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Recipe for toffee...please!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your husband had a nice birthday. Those pastries look/sound so delicious. Have fun making the toffee.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)