Sunday, November 15, 2015

ODDS AND ENDS


The last few months have been very interesting.  Many things we plan, and many things just happen and we are moved along by the situations and circumstances.  That was us!

Who would have thought we would have made so many trips.  One for vacation, and two for funerals of dear friends in the last month.

I must apologize for my absence from your blog comments.  I did have time to visit a few, but never seemed to have time to leave a comment.

I truly think things have slowed down, and I look forward to a week of visiting all of you and "leaving a comment".

Today I'll just share a few odds and ends.  I had the second cooking class at the Villa Clubhouse last week, but didn't get any pictures.  It was a good time.  We made my Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee cake, I showed them how to cut a fresh pineapple into chunks without making a mess, and we made a batch of candied walnuts.

The leaf candy dish above is filled with candied walnuts, and I can't walk by without nibbling on a couple.  Have a real easy recipe if anyone is interested.

A new coffee pot is gracing my Coffee Station....the old one was showing it's age.

The two apple pies in the picture were for Willie, our Maintenance Man here at the Villa.  I took him down a piece of apple pie last week with a scoop of ice cream, and he wanted to know if he paid for the ingredients and my time, would I make him two large pies for a family gathering he was having last weekend.  Of course I said yes!

Never been commissioned to bake a pie before....HaHa.

Have a great week and I'll be seeing you real soon.
  

22 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful inside and out. The way you do your acts of kindness is wonderful.
    I have to admit I have missed your posts but knew you were taking care of business.
    Hopefully we get our water heater put in and the water turned on again. It's been an interesting weekend.
    Things to tell you but I will save it for another time.
    Your pie and coffee cake sound delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. I'm so glad you are getting you new water heater. What a mess you had to live with this weekend.

      Delete
  2. so nice to hear you are getting into the pie business, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa...Who knows what the future will hold.

      Delete
  3. Hi Wanda!
    Have a great week....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, What a sweet lady you are. Your pie is so good, now people will hear about it. LOL. Blessings to you and your sweetie, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie. I sure hope they tasted as good as they looked. I'll find out when Willie brings back my pie dishes. HaHa.
      Blessing back to you.

      Delete
  5. I love that you made 2 pies for Willie. There is nothing nicer than baking for appreciative friends. Well, okay, maybe some things are nicer, but it's way up there near the top.
    Sending you my love and a big hug.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. It was a fun thing to do... I sure hope they tasted as good at they looked. Time will tell.
      I'm feeling you hug...and one big one back to you.

      Delete
  6. Being able to make a good pie is truly a gift! How nice that you are willing to share and do it for friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. I make a better fruit pie than a cream pie. Pumpkin is the only custard pie I do really well.

      Delete
  7. I'm not surprised he wanted to commission you to bake a pie, your recipes always sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet...Should I hang out a shingle...haha.

      Delete
  8. Yummy! I don't bake but I'm wanting a taste of my mama's pound cake. No one could make it like her. I'm gonna make one for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably go into deep depression if I couldn't bake. It's my therapy.

      Homemade pound cake is delicious. Know you miss you momma's but know you will make a good one too.

      Delete
  9. Welcome back - I've missed you!
    Nice to catch up with your comings and goings... and eatings. :-) Those pies - yum!
    And I always love seeing your watermelon cannisters. They make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Suza....I love my watermelon canisters too. They cheer up the kitchen.

      Delete
  10. Dearest Wanda, you have certainly had a lot going on....I hope you are able to simple relax and enjoy the holiday season.

    Thinking of you and wishing you a beautiful week. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life has sure been full of surprises. But God has been with us at every turn.

      Sending love and hugs.

      Delete
  11. You have been SO busy! I know most of it has been fun stuff, but I hope you can relax and slow down a little! Those pies look wonderful...how cute that he asked you to make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes today was the first day I didn't have a busy schedule. Willie is a sweet guy and works so hard to keep everything running smoothly at the Villa.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)