Tuesday, November 10, 2015

FREDDIE


After three years, I had to say goodbye to Freddie, my little blue beta fish.  He was a good little fish, and greeted me every morning and even let me rub his back.

I knew he was getting old as he was actually turning grey and slowing down.   This morning when I went to feed him I thought he was sleeping under the shell (which he did often) but he wasn't sleeping, he had passed.

I just didn't have the heart to "flush" him.  So he is buried in a flowerpot on the balcony with his seashells and a little marker.  It crazy, but I was really attached to that little guy.

All of God's creation is special and should be treated so, don't you think?

12 comments:

  1. oh Wanda, not crazy at all!! I respect all gods creatures.. if you read back through my blog..you would see what I do! (put 'seagull' in the search box on the top left - that will give you an example) I'm sure your Freddie would have been grateful for your friendly face too every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course that's what you did to honor your little Freddie!
    Will you find yourself a new fish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much better burial spot and he'll help your flowers grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw..I'm sorry! I've cried over pet fish...so I completely understand. I love that you put him in the flower pot...what a great idea. And that little stone is just adorable! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, So sad about Freddie the fish. The things we get attached to..we can't explain it either. Just love, I guess. My yard in town is full of creature's graves. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...That's so sad. I'm sorry that Freddie is gone. I do love how you are paying tribute to him though. Love the rock and shells.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freddie swam right into your heart and I love that he has a proper little tribute. I enjoyed hearing you talk about him. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Wanda, so sorry for your loss, but it sounds like it was his time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet tribute to Freddie. Even though it's sad, it still made me smile. I was rather callous and flushed poor Otto when he went belly-up for the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep- Poor little Freddie- he is young and flipping once again in fishy heaven. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed!! Keep Swimming lil fishy in the wonderful streams in Heaven....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely thoughts indeed. Greetings to you and warm wishes.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)