Monday, November 9, 2015

BACK SEAT DRIVERS


The trip to our dear friend, Ray Olson's memorial service was a very special trip.  As you can see my dearest and me were the back seat drivers.   How wonderful to have our daughters be our drivers and what a fun time we had.  It wasn't without it's challenges.  We were planning to leave Friday afternoon, but before we left a wreck on the grapevine with an overturned 18 wheeler closed the freeway. 

So we had a "slumber party" at Julie's until the freeway opened and left Saturday morning at 5:15 to get to the service by 11 AM.  We made it with the help of a darling motel manager named "Maggie"


We had reservation for a cute little motel in Turlock for Friday and Saturday night.  We called Maggie to tell her our dilemma and she was so gracious to tell us we could check in Saturday morning before the service to drop off luggage and freshen up.

It a small privately owned motel, and Maggie even makes fresh crepes for the guests each morning.  Mine was peach with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.

Saw lots of friends at the service, and got to have breakfast with my sister and BIL.  

Thanks for your prayers for our safe trip...it was and a great time with our daughters and by not driving....no stress.  Came home refreshed.

23 comments:

  1. Wanda, I always tell my Teddy that I was born to be chauffeured ...but my daughters call it Driving Miss Lazy.. LOL...those darn kids. Some times it's just good to let others drive. Glad your trip was safe for all of you. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Driving Miss Lazy....I love it. It was the most restful trip. I drank coffee and did some knitting, and just enjoyed the girls.

      Delete
  2. Love your wallpaper Wanda. Makes me feel like Thanksgiving is coming.
    I'm so glad your daughters drove and you were able to still make the service, despite the accident. The Grapevine can be wild sometimes. I'd love to have more info on the place you stayed. Peach crepes...yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wallpaper is from HotBligidyBlog and it's free.
      It was such a great trip with the girls. The little motel is called Sunrise Inn. It was there when I was a child...but has been renovated several times. It's still just a 50's place.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you looking a little more chipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dear....feeling much better.

      Delete
  5. Cute picture of y'all! I love that you were able to get there without too much of a problem...other than the semi-accident. What a sweet motel manager. I am glad that all worked out okay for you. Blessings-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana. It was a "God" weekend for sure. His protection and the great time with our daughters and getting to celebrate Ray's life.

      Delete
  6. Glad things worked out Wanda. Such a blessing to be able to support Ray's family that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really a good trip Bob.....love not doing the driving.

      Ray and Alice were such wonderful supporters of us in the years of ministry in Hughson. CA.

      Delete
  7. Glad you had a safe successful trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. It was a whirlwind...but really good.

      Delete
  8. You have beautiful daughters.
    Glad you had a safe trip after the initial delay and that you could relax in the back.
    And hey... you found a fellow drizzler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Suza. They are not real blog friendly but since it was just half a face it was OK. Michel is on the right, and our oldest and the grandma to our two little great grandsons. Julie is on the left and is our second daughter, then our son, Myk, and last our youngest Jill up in Oregon. God has blessed us with such a wonderful family.

      Delete
  9. So glad everything worked out for the best. Maggie sounds like a sweetie! BTW I need the shirt you have on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that Chocolate shirt at a thrift store. A lucky find. Maggie was delightful.

      Delete
  10. Your daughters are beautiful. I'm glad things worked out for you. Love your chocolate shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonnie. I like my shirt too. Found it at a thrift store for a couple bucks. Good find.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)