Tuesday, October 20, 2015

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING


We got home and I had Women's Bible Study, and looked at the calendar and remembered we had scheduled my first "Cooking Class" at the Clubhouse for tomorrow morning.  Banana Bread is the topic of the day....with drizzle of course.


We hadn't been home a hour when a group of children told me how much they missed me....*the cookies ~ haha)  So today I make a batch and hung out the sign.



We had a visitor....I think he heard it was cookie day at #35.


At the pumpkin patch on our way home, I found some very interesting gourds.  I thought of Betsy, when I began to see animals.  


A yellow swan for Fall

Bought a white pumpkin, and a dark green one to make soup and a few more gourds for color.



My friend Karen gave me a "Sharing Plate".  You make some goodies and give them to someone on the plate and put your name on the back of the plate.  That person makes some goodies and passes them on to the next person, and adds their name to the back of the plate.   Karen is No. 1, I'm No. 2 and I'm going to pass it on to a friend on Sunday.


Our friends in Rockin, Sue and Dave have a pomegranate
tree and they are such a beautiful fruit hanging from the tree.  Had to take a few pictures before I picked them.

So I hit the ground running ~ when I got home and just now getting back to the computer.  I must say, I do love my life, and even when things don't go just as planned.... I know God's plan is always the best.

Stop by.....it's cookie day!

13 comments:

  1. Here I am....a cookie please, and a coffee. :) Yum.

    You have a green goose and a yellow swan! I see them! hahahaha.....

    I love that cookie plate and the idea behind it...what a great idea. I wonder how far it will travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Betsy....black or cream and sugar. I have some Italian Sweet Cream....that's my favorite of late. I would love to keep tabs on the plate...but hope it keeps traveling and doesn't end up in the back of someones cupboard.

      Delete
  2. Whew, you wear me out Miss Wanda.
    Love your yellow swan and green goose.
    Yes please, I would love to have cookies and coffee with you.
    Made some banana bread today from a mix...big mistake...I'm calling it dry crumble sorta banana bread. Oh well, maybe someone else will bring goodies for Bible Study tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really going to slow down....but I'm just not wired that way. I know you like your coffee black, so it ready and hot...the cookies for you are pumpkin pecan. Yellow Cake Mix and can of pumpkin, couple eggs.
      I don't have much luck with "mixes"....prefer my sister's Buttermilk Banana Bread. Always turns out.

      Delete
    2. Yum, those cookies sound delicious.
      Someone did bring goodies last night so Dave and I will have to eat the crumbles ourselves. Can't even get the slices in the toaster...Maybe the mix I got on sale was out of date. Who knows. It's a First World problem anyway.

      Delete
  3. That plate is so neat. I'm now on the search for one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where she got it...I will have to ask her.

      Delete
  4. You are always a busy lady! Busy doing things for others! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, we all have gifts from the Lord, and I truly believe mine is the gift of encouragement, and service and thus.....I love doing what I do.

      Delete
  5. its so good to see you back,, I missed you! Beautiful gourds and hat cooking class sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, I'll bet all of your neighbors missed you. What great gourds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love reading about your wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your curvy gourds. And I bet the cookie lady was missed... they probably put out a 911 call to locate you! Like the idea of a sharing plate - hope it travels. Picking pomegranates! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)