Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A TWIST OF LIME



How do you like your pomegranates?   

I've always eaten them right out of the shell, or picked them out to put in salad but it's a messy process.  

One of the residents here at the Villa said she loves them with lime and salt.  Gave it a try and wow, it was really good.  
I think that's what a "Pomegranate Margarita" must taste like!!

I looked up a YouTube on how re remove the seeds from a pomegranate and was surprised with the solution and the results. Fill a large bowl with cold water and after you have cut the pomegranate in half, break it apart under the water and the seeds float out very easy with a little prodding.  Then strain the seed out of the water.  It worked great.  I now have a large jar of seeds to use in recipes or salads.

How do you use pomegranates?  Wonder if they work in scones or muffins??  

6 comments:

  1. I have never baked with them, but just eaten the fruit itself. Gloria, a blog friend, uses them all the time in recipes and I believe she freezes the seeds too. I find them a bit of a struggle and sometimes the seed part dominates the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pinned that tip....what a great idea! Sometimes I splurge and buy the seeds already out. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the seeds in the fruit is very daunting to me. I do love the flavor and ours are really nice looking this year.
    We've given a bunch a way and will have to actually work on that huge one ourselves. I never heard of lime and salt before. May have to try it. I do have a lemon, wonder if that would be the same?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the seeds in the fruit is very daunting to me. I do love the flavor and ours are really nice looking this year.
    We've given a bunch a way and will have to actually work on that huge one ourselves. I never heard of lime and salt before. May have to try it. I do have a lemon, wonder if that would be the same?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, I have never eaten those. I do not even know what they taste like. Funny the things we see all the time and are not even curious about. I suppose they would be good in muffins. Maybe when you use yours and make things , you could photograph them for us. Blessings , xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)