Wednesday, September 16, 2015

WEDNESDAY ODDS AND ENDS

Yeah, Los Angeles got 2" of rain, and we got some of it.  My dearest was so excited he put out one of my bowls to catch some rain water...and he did ~ about 1/2 cup.  My plants were very happy to have some rain water too.


We stopped at a couple Thrift Shop stops and found Freddie a new fishbowl, A set of King Size White pillow shams that will work great with my white spread.  Now that the bathroom is in fall colors, this very nice brown hand towel with cute border came home with me.  Two pretty green plates, a brand new Hymnal, and a trash picker upper...(don't know what there official name is).



And a new little rooster picture.  How cute it matted in chicken wire and in a little white wood frame.  My kitchen soon will be called the "Chicken Coop".. HaHa.

My friend Linda in Texas is the Queen of Thrift Shops and she mentioned in her blog she had hit FIVE yesterday and she got a haul...if you'd like to see it just click on her name.

Today starts a 24 hour pray vigil at our church for an upcoming eleven week study on Life Long Love, on marriage and family.  Don and I have 9:30 AM slot, so I'll sign off and spend some time in prayer for the families of our church and the study that starts tonight.

Have a great day.

12 comments:

  1. Prayer vigils are powerful, and how good to participate. That 2 inches of rain is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a pretty good thrift shop, all we have is Goodwill. It's big, but the pickings are pitiful. Really like the rooster, Mac calls his garbage picker-upper a pinecone getter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "Chicken Coop" find !!!! Will you add another prayer to the many you will be doing today ... Please pray for my family My husband(Rick) & I are out of work..Prayers for open doors of opportunity of employment ...I believe in the POWER of Prayer !!! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, My daughter Liz is doing the chicken kitchen too. :) I love the things you thrifted. Glad you got some rain. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see your Fern loves it on the balcony!
    Enjoy your evening...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I should like to hit a garage sale or two but, alas, that does not appear to be in the near future, unless my friend Judy has one at her parents' house next weekend.
    You always find some wonderful treasures.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy and rejoice with you on the rain. Rain is such a blessing when we experience drought. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that Freddie has new digs. Is it the same size as the broken one was?
    Great thrift finds - we call them Grabbers or Reachers. So handy to have around the house.
    Love your growing chicken theme. I think I can hear the clucking and squawking from here!
    Thinking of you during your prayer vigil. I have had some sad news recently and am thinking of those involved and hoping their path is filled with love and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love it when you have something specific to find, like a fish bowl, and it's there at the thrift store when you go shopping? So fun and such a smart way to shop. Love all the things you found....I never leave a thrift shop without marveling at what can be found there!

    You got rain? How wonderful...I hope more is to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you got rain.
    We got a spritz...just enough to make things sort of messy.
    Great finds at the thrift shop too.
    A study prepped in solid prayer. that's wonderful. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some cute things. Love the chicken picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your treasures!!! I smiled really big at your 'trash picker upper!' I have noticed that Amber keeps one in her front seat. Mike bought it for her when she was pregnant with the quads and bending over was simply NOT an option! I just figured out that she uses it now to pick up things the kids drop when they are in their car seats!! Clever gal! I'm sure you will find lots of uses for it too!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)