Saturday, September 19, 2015

SUNDAY SKETCHES WITH ALEXANDRA

"When carrots evolve ~ they become carrot cake"

This has been a very busy weekend so for my Sunday Sketch this week I'm sharing a page I did this week from my Art Journal.  This is a new form of art I've just recently been introduced to. 

If you are not familiar with this form it's pretty easy.  You find an old book that you don't mind drawing in, and you use the printed page as your back drop.  It can be something as simple as mine, a sketch in ink and then prismacolor pencils for the color.  Usually they all have a quote or a saying.  Many who are pros at this form do much more intricate pages.  My favorite it Mandy..check her out.  Click on her name.

I love carrot cake...and that's what I'm doing for the first cooking class here at the Villa in October.

To see all the other Sunday Sketches just click on the tree badge on my sidebar. 

10 comments:

  1. So pretty! If I leave my carrots in my fridge long enough, will they evolve into carrot cake? I sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After your post on a Cinnamon loaf , I had to make one. So thanks for the inspiration , its a nice cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting to have breakfast at church, so your yummy looking carrot cake is making me hungrier. I keep seeing art journals in old books, and I really like the way they look. Happy Sunday Sketching and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting idea and I love the idea that carrots evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, I love the way your carrots evolve. LOL... I have seen this art form before and have thought cute way to just stay connected with art. I may have to keep some pencils and an old book in my car for those times we have to wait. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully done and yummmm on the carrot cake. the women at the Villa will love making that.
    I really like the concept of the art pages in the journal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, Wanda! Thanks so much for the shout-out... and very kind words! This is so very nice of you. Carrot cake is my absolute favourite cake in the world!!! Which means also that I adore your pages even more!!! What a great idea to do from 'start' to 'finish'. I had to giggle at the lady who wrote in a comment here 'if she left her carrots in the fridge long enough - would they change into a cake' hahahaha.... must try that!!! hugs and blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that!!! I have a friend who does illustrated Bible verses and she even teaches how to do it! If YOU are doing it - then I must try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee Hee love this, Wanda. So that means when chocolate bars evolve, they become chocolate cake. Nummy!!!! lol Anyway, love your illustration on the pages. Love having you a part of SS. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)