Sunday, September 13, 2015

FAMILY~FOOD~FUN


Saturday morning we went to Jon and Nick's High School for a Pancake Fund Raiser Breakfast.  Our daughter Julie invited us and got the tickets.


The pancakes were delicious and breakfast also included sausage, coffee and juice.


Besides the good food and being with family, the school band supplied some great background music.  They were playing "Swing Time" and doing a really good job of it.


You can see Julie's boys are now handsome young men.  Nick a Junior and Jon a Freshman.



When we got home we got a call from our oldest Daughter, Michel and she had a free evening and said she was coming in to take us to dinner.  How could we refuse...HaHa.  My dearest suggested the Claim Jumper and that's were we went.


This was my choice and it's the tastiest dish I have in years.  I would do it again in a flash.

Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sweet Potato.   Slow-roasted sweet potato stuffed with shredded chicken, green onions, red peppers, cilantro, papaya relish, lemon and a drizzle of honey.

Every day, my dearest and I feel so grateful for being close to our children and grandchildren in our retirement years and the Winter of our lives.  When I look back at 27 years living away from them, I believe these are the best years of our lives.

22 comments:

  1. Great to not have to cook all the time and even better to eat with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful time you had, yes you are lucky to be so close!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't take that for granted either...thankful every day. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Wanda, You are blessed with a loving family. It is good to be with our children as we age. ...I hope I can always have my daughters near. Looks like you enjoyed some good food this weekend. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am Susie....it makes life so pleasurable when everyone show love and caring. I'm blessed beyond measure.

      Delete
  4. You are such a blessing to everyone who comes in contact with you!! I feel sure your family is grateful to have you close! I am so thankful my Amber and her Mike moved from Houston back here to be close to us. I would hate to miss seeing the kids grow up. ALL my grandchildren live within an hour from me at the most!
    You had a perfect Grandparent's Day weeekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know from your blog and fb your family is at the top of your priority list, as it should be. Oh my thanking every day for my family.

      So glad your grandchildren are close. Makes for a happy Grandma. Yes it was a perfect day.

      Delete
  5. Your family is handsome/beautiful and look like they are enjoying life. What a blessing.
    Pancake Fundraiser... now that beats a car wash any old day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suza .....HaHa...yes, I would take a pancake breakfast over a car wash too, and the music was so fun. It was a great day.
      They are handsome boys, and good hearts too.

      Delete
  6. What a very fun weekend....seeing your family and eating yummy food! Can't ask for more than that!

    I think I would have ordered that same dish...looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best. That dish was so good, and so different. I'm having the leftovers tonight.

      Delete
  7. A fun day filled with family, friends and food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a busy and yummy weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having the leftover tonight. Still Yummy.

      Delete
  9. I would have to diet the rest of the week. But worth it to be able to share the company of family. Glad to here Kaleb is back on the field too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am.....maybe for two weeks. Up and down those stairs...HaHa. It was a good day. Kaleb's team lost, and he didn't even get in the game. He's bummed, so is grandma...What's wrong with those coaches. HaHa

      Delete
  10. I LOVE this post! You are indeed lucky to be close to your kids and grandkids. The food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine...I am a blessed woman and I don't take it for granted...so many years we did not live close to them, and now we are making the most of each and every day... Life is not a guarantee...so we life it one day at a time. Sending hugs.

      Delete
  11. Absolutely, Being away from family is so hard.
    That's why we moved when we did.
    Love how your family makes sure you are included on all the "doings".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really getting better and better now that we are down here... It's great to spend the time together and really feel a part of their lives. Will be sending you a message soon...We're checking the calendar to finalize the trip.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)