Friday, August 28, 2015

SURPRISE ~ SURPRISE !!


We've lived at the Villa for a little over a year, and I never noticed that one of the trees at the edge of the balcony was a lime tree.  Over the past year it has reach it's branches up higher and higher and I spotted a lime within reach!  I went down below and found the other three on the ground.  



You can see it has reached up to the balcony within arms reach.  What a nice surprise.



Today we are having ice tea with a twist of "lime".    You never know what you are going to find at the Villa!

In the recent months I've really been working on my art, and trying some new forms besides my watercolors which I dearly.  On Show Your Face I'm sharing some new and some old watercolors of faces I've done.  Also on that meme and Paint Party Friday I'm experimenting with "Art Journals"  My Sunday Sketches with Alexandra and Creative Tuesday's I will continue to post on this blog.  But if you would like to see my new Art Blog called Brush Strokes from Wanda there is a link on my side bar right under my "Profile".   I post there on Friday's.  Would love to have you visit.


Have a great weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pati. So glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  2. What a nice surprise to find limes growing so close. They must be so fresh and flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a pretty color...and very full of flavor.

      Delete
  3. Well, I just think that is so cool! What a sweet little gift practically dropped in your lap as you sit on your balcony!
    Can't get any fresher than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was pretty cool too. Might have to look up a recipe for key lime pie. HaHa.

      Delete
  4. Nothing like the tartness of a lime - what luck. Kind of reminds me of the story of Jack and the Beanstalk!
    I have been following your art - I enjoy it so much and look forward to your creative offerings. Such talent. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my trumpet plant and the lime tree are certainly of the Jack in the Beanstalk variety. Wonder if I'll see Jack...or the giant! Yikes...hope not.
      I'm so tickled to have you follow my surge back into the art world. I can't seem to get enough right now. I didn't realize how "dry" I was. You are always a bright light in my life. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  5. How very convenient. :) Our neighbor has an orange tree but I can see that he just let them all dry up on the tree. Such a shame. I mean, why plant it if you aren't going to benefit from it or at least give the fruit to others to enjoy rather than letting it waste. Look forward to seeing more of your art. Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that happen and I really am puzzled why someone wouldn't share, especially since they have so many that go to waste. Thanks Tammy for checking out my art blog on Fridays.

      Delete
  6. Wanda, What a wonderful gift...limes within reach. God is good. I am going to check out your art, as I love seeing how good people are at their arts. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great surprise.... I prefer lemons, but would be open to try limes....and the price was right.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)