Monday, August 3, 2015

MONDAY ODDS AND ENDS



Ever been in the mood for a certain food, and when you are able to have one that it's just as good as your imagined.  That's the Taco Salad I was so in the mood for and it was delicious.  See that juice under the shell.   The best beans and rice I've ever tasted were hot and filled the bottom.



My dearest decided on a chicken enchilada, rice and beans.  He wasn't disappointed.  We had never eaten here, but it's just a few blocks from The Villa.


It's a small "family owned" restaurant with a couple of younger sons cleaning the tables and welcoming the guests.  I liked that.



It was clean and the service was very friendly.  The food authentic and the price reasonable.  We will definitely go back.


Had a good day at the Sun Thrift the other day.  One tan and one brown top.  A yellow plate from Pier 1 to add to my colored dishes.  Two nice bread pans, one Teflon and one Pyrex.  A book for Tristan, and a new glass case for my reading glasses.


There are a lot of things in life that are good, and a comfortable bed is one of them.  We love our bed and so does Molly.  I'm thinking of new fall sheets to add the the white duvet I found last year.  I've really enjoyed the "blue" but you know how I like to decorate for the Seasons.

Hope you have a good week.  I've started packing for my sister trip which is coming up in a week.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Wanda, Mexican food is one of our very favorites! How nice to have found such a nice place so close to home. You found some goodies at the thrift. You'll be baking more delicious bread in those new pans. Won't be long before we can think about pumpkin bread! Little Molly is cute as can be. Give her a hug from me. Hope you find some sheets you love for the seasonal change. All the best as you prepare for your sister trip. I'm taking a few days away from my blog; John is struggling with his diabetes currently. I'll still be checking in with you, though. Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mildred. So sorry John is not feeling very good. Will say a prayer for things to get back to normal with his diabetes.
      This little Mexican cafe is so close and so good.

      Will miss you while your gone, but keep in touch.

      Delete
  2. Oh, yum...I do love Mexican! Both look delish!
    Molly is such a cutie...she's loved, healthy and poses for the camera. What a bright girl!

    You're going to have so much fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometime she surprises me at 11 years old. She is still very frisky. But you are right...she is loved and gets plenty of attention not only from us, but the children and folks here at the Villa.

      Delete
  3. You, my dear....are THE best thrift shopper.....EVER!
    Enjoy your trip!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must agree...but then I've been doing it for a lot of years and I know where to look and what to pass up. I was really surprised to find the two tops, since I recently found my tan "gypsy" pants. They match good.

      Delete
    2. You will look amazing...as usual!!

      Delete
  4. As Linda said you definitely are the best Thrift Shopper there ever was. Great finds.
    Your bedroom looks so comfy and so does Molly.
    Yummmm, that Mexican food looks divine. I love to go to family run places where the food is so authentic. Glad it's so close to your Tree House.
    The special Sister time is coming up fast. You will have such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These finds were at my old thrift shop that I miss. But we were going to Julie's and it's on the way..Yeah..so we left early so we could stop by and shop.

      Delete
  5. Great finds and I do love your bed. It looks comfy and I wouldn't trade that white for anything. Both of my beds are white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, I have always admired white bedroom bedding. This was a great find, and I plan to keep the bed covering white and just change the sheets and pillows.

      Delete
  6. Your taco salad looks fabulous and oh-so-tasty, my friend. I know what you mean about wanting a certain food and it tasting perfect when you have it :)

    Have a lovely week, sweet Wanda. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the best I've had. Brought home half of it, and it was good tonight for dinner. Don had his leftovers too, so no cooking tonight.
      Hugs

      Delete
  7. Could have sworn I left a comment...
    Amazing taco salad!
    Love your thrift finds. I used to thrift shop too, but haven't for years.
    I want to crawl into that comfy bed with Molly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was the best I think I've had. Enough leftovers for another meal.
      Thrift Stores (Junking) as we call it, is a retirement hobby. Don't always find things, but like to rummage through the racks and walla...once in a while...a bargain.
      You would like my bed...A very good mattress, two fluffy mattress pads, and soft high count sheets. OK...excuse me while I go take a nap.
      Hugs.

      Delete
    2. Oh, just the description of it is making my eyes close and my head nod... ;-)

      Delete
  8. My favorite thing to order in Mexican restaurants is a Taco Salad! You scarfed up on some good thrift store treasures!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)