Friday, August 21, 2015

EARLY FALL AT THE VILLA



When I got home from my trip, my dearest had my Fall decorations down from the storage unit, and I just couldn't wait.  I know it's still August ~ but our home was ready for a change, and frankly, so was I.   I'm not putting out everything this year.  I was picking and choosing just some of my favorite things.  I love setting our little glass table with my fall dishes and my pumpkin soup tureen.


I've had my pumpkin soup tureen for years.  Got it on sale one year after the holidays.  When the weather is chilly I do fill it with creamy potato soup, or hearty vegetable.  Not just pretty but practical.


Since the apartment is small most of my many pumpkins are still packed away.  But this one along with a leaf candy dish fit nicely here on a small ottoman.


When Donna and I were on our sister trip we stopped at a Body works and I picked up some Fall hand soaps.  This one is Pumpkin Cupcake, and I'm so tempted to lick my hands when I wash them. HaHa.

The final touch was to add some fall decorations to the top of the kitchen shelf that houses some of  my mom's antiques i.e. her gasoline iron, food grinder and sifters.  One last pumpkin on top of the refrigerator.  In October I will turn it around as it has a Jack~O~Lantern face.

I also change the colors in the bathroom to brown and melon, but that might be too much information.  HaHa (no pictures)

Have a great weekend...and if you're feeling like Fall..just pop in and enjoy mine.

BTW ~My header is my willow tree girls (Heart and Soul) sitting in the pumpkin patch sharing their lives.  The miniature pumpkins were made and given to me years ago.  They come out every year. 

19 comments:

  1. t's nice to change things up, but I don't think of Fall until October. Even then it will be hot, but today it was 120 and very humid. The summer holiday might be coming to an end for everyone, but our summer temps certainly aren't going to let up any time soon. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it's still warm here...not 120 HaHa...it would be considered cool here. But I was just ready for that "change up" and will enjoy it through November and then do my Christmas. I love seasons. Have a great weekend Tammy. Sending Hugs.

      Delete
  2. I really need to do some Fall decorating this year. I just can't seem to get my motor going. I just love your do-dads for the seasons. It's hard to think about Autumn when the thermometer reads 95F.
    I just got a FB ad for Apple Hill. It officially begins the apple season on Labor day. Get ready for some apple cider doughnuts...YUMMM...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I can still taste that apple donut. Will it sill be open in October??

      Delete
  3. I suppose when one lives in Southern California she is ready for summer to be over early, but here in the northeast summer only lasts a couple of months and we'd like to hang onto it as long as possible. Fall is my favorite time of year, and I do wish it would stick around longer, I'm just not ready to let go of summer yet, at least not before September arrives. Once the nights get crisp and cool, I'll let the season change.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha ~ The weather outside didn't determine my decorating...I've had Spring up since Easter, and took down the eggs and bunnies but everything else was yellow ~ I needed a change...but then I know I'm weird. I promise I will wait for December before I drag out that bin. Hope you're having a good day.

      Delete
  4. Fall? Wow - you're leaping in with both feet. Such great colours. You always have fun tchotchkes!
    I hate these dog days of summer (although it's a bit cooler today) but not quite ready for Autumn... which is my favourite season.
    Thanks for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hand soap sure looks fun! I'm going to look for that when fall comes to Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great start to the fall indeed, your decorations look nice and so does your home. Greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanda, I love your décor. The little pumpkins with the willow girls are adorable...love them. You made me laugh wanting to like your hands. :):) I love to smell spicy things too. Blessings for a great weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are ready! I love the aromas of Fall. I can't wait. You know me, decor usually white. So I'm ready to get out my white pumpkins. A good idea though to do my bathrooms with a pop of color. Can't wait. Off to the Fair tomorrow. That should get me in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of inspires me, although I'm not quite ready to give up summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it !!! Fall is my favorite season !!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that changes blog backgrounds every season !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh forgot to mention ...Go buy yourself some sunflowers to brighten your day too... that is how I start the Fall season !!! I brought some home the other day, & I put them on display in a vase in my kitchen where I can look at them when I wake up for morning coffee !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Wanda, Your tree house is so cozy and festive with the touches of fall. The soup tureen is just wonderful. I've enjoyed reading about your sister trip. I, too, love the Body Works hand soaps! John is under the weather so I am not posting currently, just want to say Hi and enjoy your weekend. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  13. had to laugh about your licking your hands with the pumpkin cupcake soap - it probably smells so good I can see why. Love all your fall goodies. I'm really looking forward to fall also. i have a few things I set out but it seems that it was only a few months ago I put them away. Time flies and flies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. had to laugh about your licking your hands with the pumpkin cupcake soap - it probably smells so good I can see why. Love all your fall goodies. I'm really looking forward to fall also. i have a few things I set out but it seems that it was only a few months ago I put them away. Time flies and flies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wanda, Apple Hill and all of the various ranches will be in the height of the apple season in early Oct.
    There will be yummy doughnuts just waiting for us!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)