Friday, July 3, 2015

MY DEAR FRIEND ELIZABETH


With sadness and tears I share with you that my dear friend Elizabeth passed from death to life in heaven Tuesday evening.

Many of you have share my friendship with her through my blog since I met her seven years ago.  Over the years from being my neighbor to living in a nursing home I've shared many many hours at her side.  Listening to her stories than span her 98 years, and her quick wit, and sharp mind, right up to the end.

The last time I saw her was just before out trip up north for the wedding.  I had bought a dress to wear to the wedding at Ross and 
took it to show her.  She was 98 but still enjoyed seeing pretty clothes and "girly" conversations with me.    

She has two wonderful sons, Charles and Henry and they visited her almost every day.  But there is something about girls sharing girl things....and she enjoyed that.   She also loved music, and we would sing out of the hymn book.   She loved "When the Roll is Called Up Yonder"... and I assured her that since she had believed in Jesus as her Savior through the Wordless Book, a few years before, we would be together for ever in heaven.

I had no idea that Saturday would be the last time I would see my dear friend.  She told me I was like a daughter she never had, and I told her she filled a corner of my heart from missing my own mother.  That last visit, I stayed extra long because it was a Saturday and I didn't have to worry about traffic.   I gave her a kiss, and she kissed me.  We said we loved each other, and then she said "Good Bye Baby Girl".....and that was the last time I saw her.

This is my favorite picture of us.  She is holding a doll she made years and years ago.  

I'm going to miss this dear lady....But will be forever grateful that God put her into my life and look forward to spending eternity with her.

16 comments:

  1. Sending you much love tonight. The picture is sweet and comes with a wonderful memories. I believe your friendship was a two-way gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just groaned when I read this. I feel like I lost a special friend too.
    I know there is a huge hole in your heart for Elizabeth. I am so grateful you shared the wordless book with her and she is now in heaven with the other saints.

    What a friendship you had. So glad you got to spend time with her on Saturday...such precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My deepest sympathy. I had grown to love her thru your blog, Wanda. I know you are going to miss her but we know she is in Heaven now and that we will see her again. You two shared a very special connection; thank you for sharing with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this. But very happy you were able to visit with her before you took your trip for the wedding. Sending much love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears were falling as I read this. I am so sorry for your loss, dear Wanda, but so happy for the gain in your life by knowing this special woman. And we felt we knew her too. Thank you for sharing Elizabeth with us. Much love to you. xoxox

    "A human life is a story told by God."
    ~Hans Christian Andersen

    ReplyDelete
  7. From what you wrote about her Wanda she came across as a very nice person. Whilst its always very sad, 98 is a grand age, and sometimes the "batteries" just run out. You were a good friend to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Wanda, I am so sorry to hear ,, she did live a long life, what a wonderful pat she played in your life story,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad, but heartwarming too, you know she's gone home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss, but what a wonderful tribute to her. God put you together for a reason. Happy 4th of July to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear the news Wanda. Reading about her on your blogs has greatly endeared Elizabeth to me. I am glad that she is home with the Lord. May the Lord comfort you in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how wonderful that you shared your faith with your friend. Safely home and perfectly well...makes me smile, though I know that there will be days when you miss her very much. I am sorry for your loss and thrilled for Heaven's gain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Wanda, I just read this about your sweet friend Elizabeth. It made me cry. I am so sorry. She must have loved every moment you two spent together. God gave you a good heart Wanda and you shared it. Bless you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to read this and I'm not sure how I missed this post! What a long and wonderful life she had and I truly believe God brought you into her life to show her the way to salvation. Thank you for being a friend to her and taking the time for visits even after you moved further away. It was good for both of you and so fun to read about your times with her. What a treasure she was!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to read about Elizabeth's passing but I know that God definitely put her in your path and that you were such a bright light in her world. Bless her, may her soul rest in peace. Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww, I just saw this. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend,but rejoice that you will see her again and she is safely home. What a wonderful friend and daughter you have been to her. God bless you, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)