Friday, July 31, 2015

COOKING CLASSES AT THE VILLA


Yesterday when I was coming out of the Laundry Room our Resident Manager at the Villa stopped me and wanted to ask me a question.   

The question, "Would I be willing to do come cooking classes in the Clubhouse?  She said her daughter Corina and her would both be interested and there were several other ladies that had ask her about it.  She said there would be a sign up sheet, and management would pay for all the ingredients.  Basically they are interested in desserts.  Quick breads, i.e banana, zucchini, apricot etc.  Also scones, pies and cakes and perhaps a Quiche.

She ask me to think about it and let her know when I get back from my trip with my sister in a couple weeks.

Actually, I'm flattered and think it could be a lot of fun.  I think we would have to limited it to about six ladies at a time  to accommodate the size of the kitchen in the clubhouse.

What do you think?

btw ~ it's Friday ~ check out my new face by clicking on my Show Your Face badge on the sidebar.

17 comments:

  1. Wanda, Just think one day some young mom will say she learned to cook that dessert from you. I know for a fact, I knew nothing of really cooking till my wonderful mother-in-law showed me. She was an outstanding cook. I miss her so much. She had a good heart also. Blessings, xoxo,Susie
    p.s. enjoy your time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie. My mom was my mentor and I remember being her side kick from the time I stood on a stool to reach the counter.

      Delete
  2. Wanda, I think it would be a wonderful opportunity! You should be very flattered. Like Susie's comment....Corina will grow up one day and have precious memories of the time you spent with her (and the others) sharing your knowledge of baking. Wishing you and your sister a marvelous time together. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mildred...my little surprised arrived in the mail today....I will send you an email. I'm pretty sure it's something I would like doing...having more than one person watching me scares me a little.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like fun for all involved in the cooking lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liking the idea better and better.

      Delete
  4. I think you would have a ball doing that! It's a win/win for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, so why am I a little nervous. I'm so use to doing my cooking alone...but perhaps if we have mishaps...we can learn and laugh at ourselves.

      Delete
  5. A fun opportunity! That's what I think and I also think you'd be a natural. Watch out! You could have your own cooking show by next year this time. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa Love your attitude.....I do think it will fun. If we don't over do it...and they have them have time to look forward to it, and me time to re-group.

      Delete
  6. What an awesome idea!!! You will be great at it! Your reputation has already gone before you with all those homemade cookies you churn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking it will be fun, and we can all enjoy the goodies we make,

      Delete
  7. They have heard about you cooking skills. You'll have to do a lesson plan!! It will be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lesson plan, give them a copy of the recipe, and hope they find cooking as fun as me.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I hoping it's fun, and we can laugh if we goof up. HaHa

      Delete
  9. Sounds great! How flattering that they approached you. It might be an idea to have a bit of a plan in terms of how often you have a class so it's fun for you and not a chore. You can always add more frequency if you enjoy it! Not that you asked my opinion - hee hee! But it could help alleviate any apprehensions you might be feeling. xo

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)