Thursday, June 11, 2015

THE WEDDING



Kylee and Matthew.  She was in my Sunday School class when she was just a little girl.  Being at the Church in Hughson for 27 years, we really watched these children grow up.


The professional photographer was taking pictures of Kylee and the Bridesmaids before the wedding when we got there.  I  took this picture and they spotted us.



It was so sweet, they starting yelling Wanda and Pastor Don...How we love these kids (young people).


Kylee's Dad walking her down the hill...(The wedding was right on the river bank in Knights Ferry.  Years ago, Pastor Don married her parents.


Being on the River and the Reception at the River End Restaurant, every thing had a rustic touch.  Just loved it.


The "favors" were Mason Jars with a ribbon and their names and date of the wedding.


I didn't want to get in the way of the professional photographer, so my shots are with my little Cannon Power shot and the zoom doesn't do too great.  But you get the idea.


The next morning after church we went to the Fruit Yard for lunch and what a surprise to see  childhood friends.  Judy was one of my bridesmaids fifty four years ago this month.  We spent many Sunday afternoons at her house or mine in our young days, and even through High School.  I moved away to college....she stayed local and married George.  It was so nice to see them.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a very sweet wedding..and so fun seeing old friends.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful and oh-so-charming wedding! The bride was stunning and the decorations were adorable. Thanks for sharing with us. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the rustic flavor. A wood plank was the center piece with a vase and flowers and candle.

      Delete
  3. Weddings are so fun...they look very happy! What a beautiful setting for the ceremony and the reception!
    50 years this month? Wow! Amazing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a truly "God Honoring" Wedding. Such a sweet godly couple. And it's "54" this year Betsy. We are growing OLD together...HaHa.

      Delete
  4. I love rustic décor, especially for weddings. So lovely. How nice you were able to go and celebrate their love. My god-daughter's wedding is this Saturday and I am so excited! We have had some wonderful dinners and bridal showers over the last month. Such joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun wedding, as the ceremony proceeded...to boats came floating down the river...they got a good view...HaHa
      Congratulations to your god-daughter! You are right...such joy.

      Delete
  5. Joy all over the place. Love the expression as she sees you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a joyful occasion. That was so fun seeing them so happy to see us...we were sure happy to be there.

      Delete
  6. How wonderful! I love the photos. All the best to these two young folks. So happy you had time to dine with friends. Great photo of the four of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have those connections with the young bride and groom, and her dad, and I like the relaxed country atmosphere for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one happy, special wedding. Such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like it was a pretty great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful wedding and so nice to run into old friends. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like it was a lovely wedding. And how great to meet up with a friend who was a part of your own wedding ceremony all those years ago. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love wedding with a little rustic touch and family weddings makes me emotional. Last week I have been to wedding of my cousin at rental halls in Philadelphia and seen her getting married was really an emotional moment.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)