Wednesday, June 10, 2015

THE FARMER IN THE DELL . . . . .


We are back from our trip up North to the wedding, and both our friends and cousin have gardens.....just look what they sent home with me.  Fresh okra, green beans, and sweet white corn.   The two jars of green beans in the background are from my cousin too.


Bell peppers, onions, cucumbers, butternut squash and zucchini.


I bought a bag of fresh apricots at a fruit stand to make a few jars of jam.  The basket of fresh tomatoes are from my cousin's garden.
Oh what a feast of HEALTHY!  Our friend added to her garden veggies, a jar of berry and apricot jam.   I one happy "Farmer"  HaHa.

I will post some pictures of the wedding later.  It was lovely.  I'll be around to visit all of you soon and catch up with what you've been doing.

14 comments:

  1. Nothing better than fresh food from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my the bounty...your cup (or basket) runneth over.
    Glad you are back safely.
    I did write you several private messages on FB and will fill you in further in a while. Been on the computer far too long today. Time to move this bod a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the messages Sue....read them today when we got home. Glad for the update.
      Dinner tonight was so good....yes, I did take a picture. HaHa.

      Delete
  3. You have made me hungry! Nothing better than fresh veggies and/or canned green beans. I could easily be a vegetarian! Look forward to seeing the wedding photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were closer, we would have invited you over. It tasted so good. The wedding pictures soon.

      Delete
  4. Oh you are blessed. We won't have this kind of produce for another two months. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the look, the color, the textures and the tastes. Yummy.

      Delete
  5. I was just thinking about you this afternoon and wondering where you had gone off to.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of a last minute decision. Our daughter said why not go...you're retired...go and enjoy things while you can.....so we did. It was a great and fun trip.

      Delete
  6. Such beautiful freshness - look at those vibrant colours! I was wondering what happened to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came up rather fast. It was an excellent trip and a lovely wedding..and then all this freshness to boot!! I'm back!!

      Delete
  7. Oh those look yummy! I haven't canned green beans in years but those jars make me want to do it!

    I bet that corn was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm... what a deight to have fresh goodness from the garden! Enjoy, sweet friend :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)