Wednesday, June 3, 2015

ODDS AND ENDS AND A LITTLE TRIP


This colorful dog statue is in front the the Veterinarian's Office.  Someone really likes color, or were they just using up left over paint.  HaHa



I hadn't seen "RyeCrisps" for years, and the other day, there they were in the cracker section.  They are wonderful with a slice of ham, cheese and avocado.  Add some cream cheese filled celery bites and fresh strawberries and you have lunch.

 These adorable faces were the first to see the Cookie Sign Tuesday and our manager wanted me to get some pictures for the newsletter.


What is this???? Yes even the older kids and adults want a cookie or two.  The teenage girl is the Manager's daughter, and the lady is on the staff.  Apartment #35 is pretty popular on Cookie Day.


Breakfast at IHOPS was a good idea as it's a busy day packing for a quick trip up North to a Wedding, and also a chance to visit with my sister.


Pancakes, eggs over medium and crisp bacon was just what I needed for the tasks ahead.  (the eggs are hiding between the pancakes...I like it that way)

Have a great rest of the week and weekend.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Wanda, God has blessed your Cookie Ministry! These photos bring happy tears to my eyes. We enjoy IHOP too. Praying for you to have safe travel. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing what a cookie and a little loving kindness will do. When we were seated at IHOPS it was fairly empty...when we left, there were lines inside and out...morning graduations....but we just made it in time. HaHa

      Delete
  2. It is so funny to glance at Mildred's comment because I was going to say that you have a cookie ministry, too. You have got to be a pretty popular gal in your community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is a Ministry. I've been doing it for over 30 years ~ in all the places we have lived. It's my thing...

      Delete
  3. Love your heartwarming posts...
    You....Wanda....are a very special lady...♥️
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa Linda...thank you...cookies do warm the heart. Love and Hugs

      Delete
  4. Yum...I want that breakfast! That is exactly what I would order! Actually, I want that lunch, too! haha. I haven't had a Rye Crisp in probably 40 years!
    Love the cookie group! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Betsy you couldn't order "exactly" my breakfast....it was off the Senior Menu!!! HaHa.

      Those Rye Crisps really brought back memories.l

      It's truly fun.

      Delete
  5. Could this post have more food in it?!? YUMMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you spread happiness where ever you are my friend,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific Tuesday for the tenants I'd say. :) Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lunch looks great! Sounds like someone brings cookies on cookie day. cool....so nice to do that for people. Have a great weekend!!! I like the colorful dog, it just brightens up the day to see those colorful sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those happy lil' kids are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you celebrity status!!!! YOU are AWESOME!!!!
    I am about to go to bed - Louis Dean is already there - and we will be gathering at IHOP in Fort Worth as a surprise celebration for my mother's 89th birthday! I have not sen her in WEEKS and Amber and Mike and the quads plus Louis Dean and I will be there to surprise her when my sister, Deanie, brings her in after her hair appointment!
    Nothing beats a cup of IHOP coffee! Safe travels, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sweet Cookie Lady, :):) You make me smile Wanda. Such a kind heart. That does indeed look like a nice lunch. That is a breakfast my Teddy would love. Blessings for a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)