Wednesday, June 17, 2015

GOT UP ~~WALKED OUT



I enjoy a good movie.  We have a wonderful little theater in Old Town Monrovia and I've seen several excellent movies.  

I am very particular about the movies I choose, as I don't go to R rated movies, and check out the PG~13 before choosing one.  I reviewed the trailer, and reviews and they were good.  

Based on a true story of the Beach Boys, (Love and Mercy) it was very interesting, as I didn't know what a troubled young man Brian Wilson was.  The first half of the movie was about the music and flashbacks of just how troubled he was ~then in one scene the language began...Taking the Lord's Name in vain over and over is more than I can tolerate...So I got up, and walked out.  

Have you ever had to walk out of a movie because you were unaware of the "content" or "language"?  I concluded from what I did see that Brian Wilson was like Amadeus ~ Brilliant but deeply troubled.  

The free popcorn, however, was very good!  I was wishing it was Kettle Corn, so poured a packet of sugar over the melted butter, and walla...Kettle Corn (Sort of)  HaHa


Since the movie was such a disappointment, I decided to not waste the rest of the day so stopped at Michael's and picked up some watercolor paint and a new watercolor sketch pad.  

I had completely cleaned my pallet since the old paint was dried and hard.  I had forgotten how expensive good paint is, so limited this shopping to the basic colors.  Will add more a few at a time until my pallet is full again.

Now to find a good place to paint.  In Hughson I had an extra bedroom and turned it into my studio.  In Sunland, it was the washer and dryer.  Now I have a choice of the kitchen counter or the balcony.  In the cool of the morning...I think the balcony will be perfect.

PS~ I love your comments, insights, opinions, etc.  I try to respond to each and every comment.  Hope you will remember to come back and see my response.

16 comments:

  1. We haven't been to a movie in years, but even tv upsets me and I turn it off and refuse to listen to the language.
    I'm happy that you enjoyed buying some painting supplies. The balcony will be a great studio - lots of inspiration out there! Have a good evening. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love baseball, so have the package so we can see all the different teams play including our Dodgers. TV upsets me too. This is the first time I've mis-judged a movie..I refuse to listen to the language too. Looking forward to painting again.

      Delete
  2. My husband and I rarely go to movies but I bring them home from the library to watch. We have seen some wonderful ones, but if we find one offensive, out of the player it comes and it goes back. Getting our movies this way they are free and if they are awful at least we didn't pay anything for them.

    I don't paint, but if I did I'd love to do it on a balcony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check out our Library for movies. That a good idea.

      Looking forward to getting started painting on that balcony.

      Delete
    2. I think I would have left the theater and asked for my money back..really who pays to hear that drivle? not me anyhooow...people put up with lots of you know what I don't if I don't enjoy something I leave..have a great weekend!

      Delete
    3. Just left, didn't ask for my money back... Should of. Thanks for you thoughts on it.

      Delete
  3. Monrovia looks like a charming little place! And fresh paints will spark some creativity I have no doubt!

    I'm going to remember that kettle corn trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is charming...next time I'll go to the Bistro instead of the movie...HHa. The popcorn was good.

      Delete
  4. We go by the same rule as you. No R rated movies and a lot of the PG 13 are very questionable. We have walked out of movies for that reason or the stupidity of the movie. I have learned to read the PluggedIn website movie reviews. They tell you the content, sexuality, and how many times vulgar words are used, as well as how many times the Lord's name is used. I just don't go. Missed a lot of movies, but I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Nonnie.....I love a good movie (clean) but not at the expense of my convictions. Thanks for the tip on PluggedIn website.

      Delete
  5. It has been years since I have been to a Movie thearter myself and I can only one movie that I had switched off from Youtube, yes Youtube has free movies there, don't quiet remember the name of the movie tho however do remember it was a western, it was going pretty good until the constant foul mouthing going on, I found that to be a big turn off so I just simply closed up that one movie. Been awhile since I had this sort of a problem over at Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, many times if you wait until them come out on TV they are edited.

      Thanks for stopping by Rosy.

      Delete
  6. There has been a movie or two I should have walked out of, and several we've turned off on the television. Once in a great while we find a movie that makes us smile. The other night we watched "The Gruffalo's Child." It was excellent.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we can't expect Hollywood to make good movies all the time. But it's nice when you can go to one and truly enjoy it. We do the same with TV.

      Delete
  7. I know I left a comment yesterday, but it seems to have vanished. But it said something like your popcorn looks tempting (I had some tonight at the ball game), never heard of adding sugar! Glad to see you are stocking up for more creative endeavours. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I remember being at a movie with my mother when things were not going well on the screen. I said, "I am leaving. I don't have to watch this garbage." I was twelve. LOL. That was back before movies were rated and we had no idea what we were in for. Not only that, but it was the second movie not the feature. The feature had been The Sound of Music. I don't even remember the name of the second one. Glad that you didn't let it ruin your day!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)