Saturday, June 20, 2015

A GLIMPSE INTO MY DEAREST


FATHER
Exodus 20:12 (NIV) 
   “Honor your father ……..”

My dearest is a very private man.  But today he opened his heart and gave us a peek into his childhood.  Not only was I touched by the beauty of this praayer, but his children also.  So I share for my Sunday Meditation a glimpse. 




"Dear heavenly Father this Father’s Day finds my heart stirred with thoughts of my Dad, raised in the country, a child of the great depression who lived through many difficult days. And though his years were few, just 52, he loved his family and worked hard to provide for us. 

My memories of him are limited for I only knew him for 12 years before our home was broken through the stress of irreconcilable human relationship that often leads to despair and divorce.

Yet, he was my father, I bear his name and image. Some of his traits and disposition are mine. And though I did not know him well here, we will get far better acquainted in heaven where all things will be made new and infinitely better. 

So Father, I thank You for my Dad, and want to honor him with an expression of my love and respect that will find its full bloom in heaven and our anticipated joyful reunion.  

Through Jesus with whom all things are possible! Amen"

Image from googleimages.com

14 comments:

  1. That is so tender and intimate.
    Yes, it will be a Grand Reunion.
    What a party it will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I forgot to say that the photo doesn't show up, Wanda.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sue.... I think I fixed it.

      Delete
  2. Wanda, This is a beautiful prayer, thank you for sharing. I wish your husband a happy father's day. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie...this was a special treat for me to be able to share this side of my dearest.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful prayer, very heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears in my eyes... So heartfelt. He is one special man, your dearest. Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must agree, this touch me deeply too.

      Delete
  5. This blessed my heart.
    I love both you and Don.
    Wish you weren't so very far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you back Martha...you one in only a few of my blog friends who have met my dearest personally.
      Wish we were closer too....sigh*

      Delete
  6. Sweet Wanda, thank you for sharing this precious prayer with us. My heart was blessed and encouraged. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a healing prayer and similar to ones I have prayed. Thank you for very much for sharing it with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All things new.....Praise the Lord. Thank you for sharing this sweet prayer.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)