Saturday, May 9, 2015

THREE ROSES FOR MOTHER




Mother's Day ~ The most celebrated holiday.  More flowers, gifts and dinning out are done on Mother's Day than any other holiday in the year.

However, this year I want to share about three mother's and what they gave.

Jocahebed ~The Gift of Moses ~The Law Giver

Exodus 2:1-4 "And a man from the house of Levi went and took a wife, a daughter of Levi,  So she conceived and bore a son.  And when she saw that he was  a beautiful child, she hid him for three months.  But when she could no longer hide him she took an ark of bulrushes, daubed them with asphalt and pitch, put the child inside and laid in the reeds by the river's bank.  And his sister stood afar off, to know what would be done to him."
Jacahebed saved Moses life, and he became the Leader of Israel and the Law Giver.

Hannah ~ The Gift of Samuel ~ The Prophet

I Samuel 1  The Lord had closed Hannah's womb and she had no children.  She went to the temple year after year praying for a child.   The Lord heard her prayer and the Priest Eli told her God had granted her request and she would have a child.  She bore a son and named him Samuel.  When he was weaned, she took him to the temple and prayed this prayer.  'O my Lord, as your soul lives, my lord, I am the woman who stood by you here, praying to the Lord.  For this child I prayed and the Lord granted me my petition.  As long as he lives he shall be lent to the Lord.  And they worshiped the Lord there.
Hannah dedicated Samuel to the Lord and be became a great Prophet of Israel.

Mary ~ The Gift of Jesus ~ The Savior

Luke 2:7 "And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes and laid Him in a manger because there was no room in the Inn."
John 19:26-27 "When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, 'Woman, behold your son".  And He said to the disciple, "Behold your mother."
Mary gave human life and love to her son Jesus, and HE is the gift of all GIFTS.  
He is the SAVIOR

The Bible is full of wonderful stories of Mothers, but today we focus on these three and the Mother's Day gifts each gave.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 

15 comments:

  1. what beautiful inspiration for Mother's Day, I enjoyed this so much,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was sitting on the balcony this morning with my Bible and Coffee...these thoughts came to me...Decided to put it in writing for Mother's Day.

      Delete
  2. 30 years and 9 months ago I prayed the prayer of I Samuel 1 27-28. Amber was born on June 6th 1985. The new has never worn off......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it was just 30 years ago......I am so not good with words lately!

      Delete
    2. Oh Linda, thank you for sharing that story. I love that I can share in your life and Amber's. How very special she. Wishing her a wonderful Mother's Day too.

      Delete
  3. Hi Wanda, Thank you for sharing from your heart and your Bible reading/prayer time this morning. Such a blessing to visit with you here. May God bless you and yours this Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mildred. There are so many stories of mothers. Personal, like yours and mine, and the numerous ones in the Bible. Mother's Day is a blessed Holiday for sure.

      Delete
  4. There are so many blessings to being a Mother. Thanks for sharing this with us Wanda.
    Happy Mother's Day to you.
    We are going to Steve's for BBQ to celebrate after church tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are, Sue. Say Hi to Steve and family tomorrow. We will be at Julie's for a BBQ.

      Delete
  5. This was such a beautiful and inspiring post, my friend. Thank you so much for sharing with us. May you have a blessed Mother's Day, Wanda! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie. I hope your Mother's Day is very special. Love you big time.

      Delete
  6. Have a very blessed Mother's Day, Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring women. Wishing you a wonderful, wonderful Mother's Day, dear Wanda! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. And here's wishing you a lHappy Mother's Day too, Wanda. I hope yours is everything it shoudl be for a mother, grandma and woman who gives so much to so many. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely thoughts...so inspiring! Hope you're saving one of those jumbo cupcakes! haha. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)