Saturday, May 2, 2015

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY


When we were children, the monsters of the dark seemed real and fanged, lurking in the hallway just outside our door.  We heard the thunderous footfalls in the gloom.  But they turned out to be only our father who heard us crying and came to comfort us.  We never saw him in the darkness.  But we felt his touch and knew he was there.  The universe is vast and sometimes dark, but we are not alone.   ~~Calvin Miller (1936-)


Proverbs 29:25  "Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe."

You , O Lord are my salvation.  Why should I fear those who can only kill the body and after that,  can do no more.  Abraham denied his wife, Saul forfeited his kingdom, and Peter betrayed his Savior.  All these were foolish deeds, provoked by misplaced fear.  But to fear You, my Lord, is the beginning of wisdom.  So I will put my trust in You and I will not be afraid of what anyone can do to me.  I love You.  Amen.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday, free from fear, and rejoicing in God's love and protection.

(This is the devotional I posted on the Daily Prayer Blog, as I do each week on Sunday.  If you've never read the Prayer Blog, you can click on my sidebar, and each day there is others that post a prayer for that day.)

Image from googleimages.com
Prayer ~ Maranatha Worship Bible

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Wanda. Wishing you a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Free from fear" - pondering those words as I think of all those around the world who live in constant fear. I hope they can see their way to knowing comfort and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suza ~ I too struggle with all those in the world that live in fear. These thoughts were very personal and how I deal with fear. I so appreciate your input and comments. You are a real blessing to my blog.

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Wanda. That is very kind of you to say. I thought you might enjoy this poem by Maya Angelou.

    Touched by an Angel

    We, unaccustomed to courage
    exiles from delight
    live coiled in shells of loneliness
    until love leaves its high holy temple
    and comes into our sight
    to liberate us into life.

    Love arrives
    and in its train come ecstasies
    old memories of pleasure
    ancient histories of pain.
    Yet if we are bold,
    love strikes away the chains of fear
    from our souls.

    We are weaned from our timidity
    In the flush of love's light
    we dare be brave
    And suddenly we see
    that love costs all we are
    and will ever be.
    Yet it is only love
    which sets us free.

    ~ Maya Angelou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Suza ~ That is so beautiful, and so true. Thanks for sharing it....I hope some of my bloggers go back and read it. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful reminder Wanda. There are times in life when I need to remind myself that we are more than conquerors, that the Spirit that God gave to us does not make us timid, but rather fills us with power, love and self control (2 Tim 1:7).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think some of these "monsters" kids "imagine" when so young are in fact real with they being more pure, more senstive to the spiritual side. Over time we teach them to "discern" which often is no more than learning to become skeptical and dismissive of such things. AS it goes, there are far more things unseen in this universe than seen if only we could "see!"

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)