Thursday, April 23, 2015

COOKIE DAY AT THE VILLA


A new cookie rule is in place at the Villa.  Because the children ask me every time they see me if I have cookies, I would be baking every day, and they would be getting way too much sugar.  


Today I was in the mood to make sugar cookies.  Rounds, squares and stars.


The new "Cookie Rule".  When the little sign you see in the picture ~"Grandma's have the best cookies and hugs" is hanging on my doorknob....you can ring the bell.  There is cookies.  If the sign is not out...no cookies.

Yesterday when I came into the complex after visiting Elizabeth, there were several boys waiting and asking when would the sign be out.   So today the sign will be out when they get home from school, and the treat will be stars, rounds and squares.

10 comments:

  1. Wanda, you are so dear.
    I think that's a great solution.
    It will help those little guys learn patience too.
    Love your sugar cookies and all the different designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are WONDERFUL and these kids will remember you FOREVER!!! Someday one of them will be baking cookies for little ones and say, "I remember this sweet lady baking cookies for all the kids when I was just a small child!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife made raspberries cookies yesterday, with fresh raspberries. Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Smiling the whole way through this! How cute is that?! I've always loved your little sign...and now it has a new use! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, that you are a dear and precious lady to these children. The cookies looks so pretty! The sign is a great idea; it is funny that they now ASK WHEN the sign will be out!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. These children have your number! I know that you enjoy baking for them. Yes, they will have a special place in their hearts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet thing to do for the children. Yes, I think you will be fondly remembered, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so sweet that I am surprised your name isn't Cookie.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! You and your dearest are a gift to the Villa I think. And I know you feel it's a gift to you. I am laughing that instead of asking for cookies, they are now asking when the sign will be out. Isn't that sort of the same thing? Hee hee. Boys are persistent! They will always remember you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...that is so wonderful, Wanda! Love that. you are a shiny light of joy and yummy goodness to all around you.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)