Friday, April 24, 2015

CHILLY NIGHT CASSEROLE


Our warm weather turned chilly and the sky looked like rain all day.  Don wanted something hot, and I wanted to use up some leftover ham so made a Ham Broccoli Mac and Cheese Casserole.

You can click on the link for the recipe.

Today was running a few errands, mailing a Goodie Box to Kaleb at college in Illinois.  The last of the sugar cookies made it into his box.

I had to laugh this afternoon when the doorbell rang.  Two of my cookies boys, were hoping I had a few cookies left over from yesterday.  Enforcing a new rule is not easy....but I didn't weaken (HaHa) and reminded them that the sign was not out!  I could tell by their look, it was worth the try!!!  They had to test the rule, right?

Don said "Are you really out of cookies?"  Yes, for them I am.  They need to learn to appreciate "Cookie Day".  But for my dearest, there are still some chocolate chip in the cookie jar.

Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the casserole recipe. I know Kaleb will appreciate his goodie box. So cute about the little boys "testing the rule." Wishing you guys a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea and rule regarding your little neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're doing great with the new cookie rule. Be firm, be friendly.
    :0)
    The casserole sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing at the boys testing you out - ha!
    I love all the sunny yellow elements in your photo. So cheery. And that casserole looks yuuuuuuummmmmmy.
    It has been so cold here for four or five days that people are wearing their winter coats again. I refuse to succumb... and as I result I freeze. I want Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart thinking on your part! You are teaching them well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casserole sounds delicious. You have a great week-end also. Raining here and very chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So now I know where our rain had come from along with some cooling down for us here. Your casserole looks yummy and you banner picture looks nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Wanda, I love your Cookie Day idea and I know you will bless all those children with way more than cookies. You are an angel. The casserole looks perfect for a chilly evening! Have a wonderful day. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. And a very lovely ending to that story too, I might add. Good for you. Good for him! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)