Monday, March 9, 2015

A STORY FROM THE PAST






It was a Summer Saturday ~ we had a dinner to go to and I (as always) was ready first.   Hawaiian sundress, hair all guzzyed up, make up and my plastic high heel shoes with the wooden heels.  Got the picture.  I told my dearest, I would go get gas and run the car through the car wash at the station while he finished up.  

Sometimes I had trouble getting my tires lined up so it would catch, and pull the car forward.  I hit the button and put the window down so I could see better. Yeah, heard the click and knew I was on track...the car started moving forward and I hit the button to close the window...nothing...again, again...nothing...by now I'm rolling into the soap section and gobs of soap are coming through the window hitting me in the face, hair and lap.  

I look ahead and see the next stop is the rinse water...tons of it.  I quickly open the door, get out and let the car continue....back track out and go into the gas station.  My lovely dress and me covered with soap.  I yell "My car is going through the car wash without me".......the line of people waiting to pay for gas burst into laughter... I was a sight for sore eyes..... 

The attendant came to the rescue and finished my car...the window worked just find for him~~ for months after that.....(it was a small town, and the story spread.)  When ever someone would see me they'd ask, "Washed your hair in the car wash lately?"

We all have these kinds of stories.  When we're feeling down....it good to pull out one of these memories and remember life is just one story after another, and some of them are there to make us laugh and share them with a friend.

Maybe your Monday will give you a story to laugh about!  Be sure to share it if you do.

29 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great laugh and the visual. Hehe. I too have had those moments. Have a fabulous Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you all would be able to "see" it. That's part of the fun. If only someone had videoed it, it could have won "funniest home video", HaHa

      Delete
  2. I remember you telling this one several years ago and it's still funny. Oh, my! That's a story I'm sure everyone was telling at the car wash for a long time. It's always good to look back and laugh, even if it wasn't funny at the time.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did share it some time ago, and when I told Diana...she wasn't a follower back then and suggested I post it for the new ones. Some Friday we should all share a similar story and call it "Freaky Friday" HaHa

      Delete
    2. This is a story worth telling over again. It's all so funny. It would be a great movie scene.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Thats a classic Wanda, and it usually only happens in films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa Dave....it would have been a good "Short Film".

      Delete
  4. LOL- SO glad you shared this, Wanda. Yes we ALL have those stories. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was telling Martha...we need a Freaky Friday for every to share a similar story.

      Delete
  5. Funny story. Thanks for making me laugh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahaha...too funny! Bet that you were still ready before your hubby was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, the visual image has me giggling right now...Wanda too funny.
    That reminds me of the time many years ago when I was very, very pregnant and at a convention. I had to go potty so badly and saw the sign to go into the restroom. Got in the only stall and locked the door. In walked 2 men....I had dashed into the men's restroom by mistake.
    I tried to lift my feet up so they couldn't see there was a crazy, pregnant woman in their restroom.
    I was so embarrassed. They didn't see me (thank goodness) and I got out of there as fast (waddled out) as I could. Never noticed the urinals when I went in....I had other things on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sue ~~~ now I'm laughing out loud. That is so funny!!!! We need a "Funny Story" day to share.

      Delete
  8. Oh, Wanda...thank you for the giggles. Even as a child, I would be the first one ready for church on Sunday. I went skipping out the door one Sunday, hit a patch of ice with my shiny shoes, went under the car and came out on the other side! I went on to church with a skinned up cheek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mildred, how I LOVE these human interest stories that are so personal. I could sure picture your story too. Thanks for sharing. (giggle, giggle)

      Delete
  9. I LOVE it! Only YOU, Wanda! Only YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa, bet you have a few to tell too, Linda.

      Delete
  10. Believe me, I could picture it, sounds like something that could have happened to me. But we've never had a car with automatic windows, so that lets me out of that. LOL I bet you were a sight and then poor hubby had to wait for you. Our car wash now has a blower to dry off the car, wonder if it would have worked for a person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Patty ~ how smart you are.... I should have gone through the water and dryer....I do believe the dress was wash and wear...tee hee.

      Delete
  11. hee hee! Oh, my! That was funny! Oh dear! I would have panicked myself! That story is a keep, that is for sure!

    You know, I'm always ready first, too! And we're usually late but it's not my fault! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the water coming is when I panicked. The soap was warm and soft.

      That's funny cause we have more to do that the guys...but I'm always ready first.

      Delete
  12. Hahaha!
    I commented via FB....but of course it didn't work....
    He takes longer than you? Wierd!
    I take way longer....
    Great story Wanda....!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.... I'm an artist...doesn't take me long to paint on a face...HaHa. My dearest has to fiddle with his beard...Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Oh Wanda, that is a priceless one. I am certainly full of SO many hilarious stories like that, let me tell you. I can only imagine the spectacle there and those quips afterwards from your townsfolk. Too too funny. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I didn't know you had read it when I commented on your new blog.
      Love you new one...it's marvelous.

      Delete
  14. That is FUNNY! And I can just picture it. Gave your town some innocent gossip for a while. I think I would have bought you a bucket and scrub brush for your next birthday after that - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Wanda, I see a funny side to it but I think it would have been way scary!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)