Thursday, February 19, 2015

TBT AND THIS AND THAT


Throw Back Thursday is my sweet Mother ~ August 1988.  Am I not a carbon copy of her.  She was 76 in this picture, and shortly after this she was diagnosed with Leukemia and passed away in 1991.  I'm so glad I look like her.  Every time I look in the mirror, I see her.  btw her Birthday was February 17.  She would be 103.



This is my Thursday.  Laundry.  This is the first time I have not had my own washer or dryer.  The laundry room is really close to our apartment, and they keep it pristine clean.  


Sorry it's blurry, but this is how we pay for laundry.  I like it~~ no more coins to deal with.  Just put this card in the washing machine or dryer and add money as needed.  The price is very reasonable and less than the standard coin operated laundry mats.




On my way back from the laundry room I took a shot of our balcony from the ground floor.  I love this little nook that my dearest and I enjoy every day.  Molly enjoys her view too.



Do I get my exercise??? Nuff said!!  HaHa



I saw some new blooms this morning coming back from the laundry room.  New flowers are blooming all over the complex.  Will have to do another photo shoot. soon.

How is your Thursday going?

PS ~ Thank you all so much for the lovely Ash Wednesday comments.  I loved them.

15 comments:

  1. You would find my garden looking quite a bit different from yours, and my balcony, if I had one, would likely need to be shoveled.
    Your momma was beautiful just like you.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white flowers are gone, and now the new leaves are taking over. It looks like snow when the little blooms starting falling.
      She was lovely inside and out.

      Delete
  2. You and your Mom definitely look alike and I know you miss her terribly. Flowers blooming is foreign here as it was 12 when I got up this morning and no heating up for the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burrrrr. I think I wouldn't do well in that weather. Born and raised in California, You flowers will come...

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photo of your Mom. I see my Mom when I look in the mirror, too. And I love your secret balcony nook. What a cosy place to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was such a sweetheart. I am so privileged to be her daughter and to have learned so much from her.

      Delete
  4. You do look like your Mom. What a blessing.and she sounds like she was a real blessing in your life.
    I love your sweet balcony and I am so glad that you love your new home. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think our balcony may be the favorite spot in the entire apartment,

      Delete
  5. She was a beautiful lady and so are you. Your home is so pretty...wonderful photo of your balcony. It looks very romantical and cozy and kind of like a treehouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have loved her Vee....she is the reason I have a large tea cup and tea pot collection. She started me years ago loving pretty tea cups. BTW, our little great grandson, Issac, calls it our Treehouse.

      Delete
  6. Hi Wanda...
    How lovely your Mom is....and you do take after her....you are beautiful inside and outside....truly..
    That orang flower is a Clivia...I have one as a houseplant....has only bloomed once in 6 years....
    Enjoy your evening
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I was wondering what the name of this flower was. There are a lot of them throughout the complex. We will see how often these bloom.

      Delete
  7. So glad Linda gave the name of that flower. We were given one and it is just beginning to open up its 3rd flower head this spring. Ours gets some shade and a little sun. They don't like too much sun I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your treehouse. But all those steps? Does your building have an elevator?
    Your Mom is lovely as you are. I know you miss her because I know how much I miss my mom and she's been gone for many years. Your Mom had to be a very special person. She taught you well with her example, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to be discount ray ban sunglasses your dream student, it would be my honor. Today ray ban factory outlet store I heard you this, so you sent a skin care pills, just eat one, you can be like a baby's skin moist. ray ban factory outlet store I am very ray ban factory outlet store grateful that you taught us, and had heard that you are a beautiful and kind-hearted industrious rustic dedicated teacher. I have a classmate's father is a specialized study of the skin, recently brought back from abroad http://www.kennadyco.com cure ray ban factory outlet store for this skin slices.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)