Monday, January 19, 2015

IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY


It's a brand new day.  My circumstances have not changed but my heart has.  Because of all your love and prayers, and the lesson my dearest taught in Sunday School yesterday morning my heart is not feeling so heavy.  In fact I am feeling a wonderful peace and joy knowing who is in control.

I know you heard that happiness depends on what happens, and   joy come from deep with in the soul.  Prayer and love from friends and family does change things.  So with this new day,  I rise with praises on my lips and peace in my heart.

We do have a new circumstance which seems so minor in comparison because it's my car, not a person.  My little Nissan is 15 years old, and the power steering pump died.  Funny how you put things in perspective ~~ it's just a car,  for heaven's sake.  You can replace a pump.  Life happens ~ and how we handle it makes all the difference.

That said, I want to thank each and every one of you for your words of comfort, sending love, and saying prayers.  I treasure each and every one of you.


12 comments:

  1. Treasuring is such a wonderful verb. I am glad your heart is a little lighter today. It makes a difference when we refocus, doesn't it? I am trying to do that too. I am sorry about your Nissan... 15 years is a long service to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your description of you or your profile I guess I should say, you said these words "I love being a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen or the giver of a prayer." Sometimes we need someone to give it to us as well! Hope your day is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about your car, but nothing lasts forever, take care sweet lady,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw...your poor car...I remember when it got a fresh coat of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always amazed at how He comforts our hurting hearts. You are much loved and have offered freely your love to so many of us. Prayers continue.
    Hope your car situation is remedied soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is the same in our corner...the year so young and still death, disease, and car troubles have found their way in. Your post reads as beautifully as my morning devotional. Many blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise the Lord...yes it's a new day.
    Joy comes in the morning.
    I love knowing that we have those who love us surrounding us with prayer and concern.
    I know the heaviness will keep lifting and you will keep on keeping on.
    Sorry about your car though. Hope the pump will do the trick.
    Hugs to you my very dear friend.
    Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your car, I think the mourning over such things is not really about the thing itself but rather about all the memories that is attached to the thing. I am glad that you were reminded to find comfort in our Lord and Saviour 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your attitude. It seems that all I'm hearing is to lean into JOY in whatever the circumstances. My sink is linking and my dishwasher is broken. These broken things can be replaced. You are such a blessing. Praying that God will change your circumstances and give you peace or give you joy in spite of your circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wanda, Things can happen to bring us down...but our joy and happiness come from within our hearts. I will say, having friends and family praying for us surely helps. I always pray that God will make me the woman he wants me to be. I am glad you are doing better. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear it was just your car. As my very wise Mother-in-law use to say, if you can fix it with money it's not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My family just laid my Aunt to rest on Friday. She lived here in Texas with her husband of 59 years, 150 miles away but in Texas, married for over . My Mother came down for the funeral and I got to spend a few days with her and my step father before they had to go back to Missouri. We mourn my Aunts passing, but know shes in no pain and in a better place.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)