Saturday, January 24, 2015

A SONG FOR SUNDAY





Phil. 5:6 " In everything present your requests to God."

There is nothing like sharing your heart with a close and true friend.  That's must be what Charles C. Converse was thinking about Jesus when he penned this hymn.

That is my prayer today ~ to meditate on those words that remind me I can take my deepest hurts and hidden secrets.  my biggest blessings and heart of joy to Jesus in Prayer, because He is my Friend.


What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer.
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care!
Precious Savior, still our refuge
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He'll take and shield three.
Thou wilt find a solace there.

Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised
Thou wilt all our burdens bear.
May we ever, Lord, be bringing
All to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon, in glory, bright, unclouded
There will be no need for prayer;
Rapture, praise and endless worship
Will be our sweet portion there.

Can you imagine a time when we won't need to pray?  Only in Heaven!!!



7 comments:

  1. I remember singing this as a child... very comforting. I also loved "God sees the little sparrow fall." Takes me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago we heard Ethel Waters sing "His Eye is on the Sparrow" in person. She was something else, and sang it at several of Billy Graham's Crusades in the 60's.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I can hear my daddy singing that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music is such a gift from God isn't it? I love that we have so much wonderful old hymns that I can sing as I go about my work and life. How special to hear your Daddy sing this one.

      Delete
  3. You are right about praying in Heaven. I, for one, cant wait to get there and leave all the cares behind. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have sung this beautiful song for oh so many years, but thanks for printing all the words out. They make such perfect sense when reading like poetry. Sometimes I sing a song without getting the full meaning.
    Hope you had a great day with your family. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)