Wednesday, December 3, 2014

THIS AND THAT



My dearest meets a friend from the church we were attending before we moved on Wednesdays.  They meet half way at a Mall in Monrovia.  The cutest little town.  This week they met at MiMi's and I decided to ride along and shop while they enjoyed lunch and visiting. 

My first stop was the Kirkland's Home store.  They have so many wonderful items.  


Oh the rows and rows of lovely Christmas items.  I was able to get a couple gifts and mark them off my list.  


 I wasn't planning on getting myself anything, but this cute little towel rack (50% off)  jumped in my cart, and I didn't have the heart to put it back.  Doesn't it look cute on my sink.  I don't have a small towel rack near the sink so this works perfectly.



I finished my shopping a few minutes before they finished their lunch, so I sat on the bench in front of MiMi's and noticed the flowerbeds.  I just love these "cabbage" flowers.


This one was the size of a large dinner plate and just pure white. Beautiful.

Came home, did 3 loads of laundry, and fixed panco crusted chicken breasts, scalloped corn and broccoli for dinner.  

Tomorrow I'm going to visit Elizabeth as she will celebrate "98" years of life.  She has been such a blessing to me, and since we moved I cannot visit as often....but I wouldn't miss this birthday for anything.  I will be sure to take pictures.

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to dear Elizabeth! 98! Wow!
    Glad you enjoyed some shopping while your husband and his friend had lunch. I love the little towel rack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so sharp. Her memory and her quick wit amazes me. Can't wait to see her tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Wanda, Hug your friend Elizabeth for me. I wish her a happy birthday . I hope you have a wonderful visit with her. I like the new towel rack . xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to tell her this hug is from Susie. She knows I share her with my blog friends.

      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Maybe Sylvia (I think that was her name...) will sing a birthday song.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sylvia is the song bird...HaHa. She will probably break into song...

      Delete
    2. Keeping a little list of blessings on my trip helped me to remember Sylvia. I had her name written down and how she had sung "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" during our visit. So cute.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Fun shopping...and it's such a treat to get something for yourself, isn't it? I like your towel holder!

    Tell Elizabeth happy birthday .....hope you have a lovely visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice shopping trip. I will be sure to give Elizabeth Birthday wishes from all of you.

      Delete
  5. Is this the Elizabeth who used to live near you and feed the birds? Happy Birthday to her and 98 is a grand age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dave, the same dear lady. We had a grand party today, and I will be sharing some pictures.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, Elizabeth! Aren't those cabbage flowers the best? I love them too. And cute towel rack - that store looks like it has some fun things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave her wishes from all of you dear blog friends. She was pleased. I think I'd like to get one of those cabbage flowers for my balcony.

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday to Elizabeth!! She sounds like a precious lady :)

    Cute towel rack, my friend. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will post some birthday pictures later. She is precious~ like a mom to me.

      Delete
  8. Wanda, don't you just love browsing through Kirkland's and have things just "jump in your basket?" That happens to us a lot too! Don't know what it is about that place!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa, so it's not just me and Betsy...things are always jumping into our carts. Love that store, and I'm new to it..didn't have one where we lived before.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)