Thursday, November 20, 2014

THROW BACK THURSDAY


Isn't my mother the perfect "40's" woman.  This picture was taken at Crane Park in Turlock in probably 1943.  I think I'm about 3 and my sister 9.  Love my mom's hairdo and you can see how young I wanted curly hair.  Mom started curling it at a very early age.  My natural hair is still straight as a board.  I've kept curlers and perms in business all these years.  HaHa.  Also don't you love the nylons and heels at the park with that cute dress.  Guess I got my love of frills and lace from this dear lady too.

11 comments:

  1. Great picture, and fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom looks like a very beautiful and glamorous and kind lady indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful picture and one I'm sure you cherish. It is a slice of life from the 40s. My mom used to dress like that also. I don't think I ever saw her wear a pair of pants. How times change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I love this picture and your Mama is one elegant lady.
    I commented 5 times but my Google Account was hacked so I finallly set a new password. Lets hope this one goes through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're all adorable and beautifully coiffed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this picture...adorable..all three of you! The 40's was such a neat style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny how many young people who have curly hair, really don't like it. If mine is cut properly it will wave quite well, but one side tends to get curly and I suspect will get frizzy when i get even older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This photo makes me smile. What a wonderful memory for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely photo and memory. My Mom was always giving us perms and I can't figure out why since my sister and I both have natural curl which seems to get curllier with age

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I see where you get your beauty. :-)

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)