Saturday, November 1, 2014

COMMUNION MEDITATION



My favorite Sunday is Communion.  Our church observes this each first Sunday of the month.  I keep notes in my Bible, and as I was reading in I Corinthians about the first communion, I notices an outline I had put in the  margins on 4/7/02.  It touched me then and touches me now as I think about it.

We need to look back ~ Looking back to the terrible price that was paid for our Salvation. (Isa. 53)

We need to look ahead ~ The testimony of the Second Coming...He will come again.  Will we be ready.  (I Cor. 11;26)

We need to look around ~ All the lost in the world that are unsaved and need salvation. (I Tim.1:15)

We need to look within ~ We need to examine our own hearts and take an honest inventory.
Am I truly saved, trusting Jesus only for my salvation?
Am I living with unconfessed sin in my life?
Am I holding an offense against another?

Communion is a time of Worship, Remembrance and Reflection.  A time to make everything right in your heart and relationships.

God Bless you all this Special Communion Sunday.


15 comments:

  1. Thank you Wanda. Everyday, even with our great love of God , we need to work at walking the right path. It is not always easy, but we have to keep making ourselves better. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, walking the walk is much harder than talking the talk. I like your comment on making ourselves better, growth comes from hard work. Thanks for your insight.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this, Wanda. God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God blessed my day real good. A wonderful Worship Service and Communion.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the beautiful reminder of God's Love for us and for the sacrifice of His Son.
    Prayers needed today. Dave's not feeling too good today and is staying home from church. We are planning on going up to Tahoe for a few days, so we will have to see if that really happens.
    Love your posts and we only had 25 at our house for Halloween. A big difference from last year. Trunk or Treat and the threat of rain were probably some of the reasons.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear Dave is not feeling well. We will remember him in our prayers. You are such a faithful friend and leaving sweet comments. Love you.

      Delete
  4. Just catching up, I hope you had a good Sunday. It is a shame that you didn't get any trick or treaters as you were so organised and ready for them, perhaps as you say children are asked not to go to the seniors where you live, or perhaps they just didn't make it as far as you as they were already loaded down with things they had collected! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure the reason, but I will check with our Manager to see if there is some rules about that. I did have a very good Sunday. Hope your was too.

      Delete
  5. Communion is always a very special time when I commune with my Lord and honestly picture what he did for me. It is a time when I feel like I am in the very presence of our Lord. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, communion is just that, isn't it Bonnie. Communicating with the Lover of our Soul, Jesus the Christ. It awesome.

      Delete
  6. I think I just might go on missing you until we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, I think that may be one of the sweetest things that have ever been said to me. I miss you too.

      Delete
  7. Nothing puts me in the very presence of God quite like eating the bread and drinking the blood. Sometimes powerful happens when we look at all He has done for us, the price He paid. When we truly see Him, we can only fall on our faces and seek His forgiveness. It's a very soul-searching time for me. Yes, a look within!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)