Saturday, November 29, 2014

CHRISTMAS ~ KEEPING IT SIMPLE

Decorations at the Tree House are very simple this year.  Two reasons.  First, I had to downsize when we moved, so much of my larger decorations went to the kids, or the Yard Sale.

Second ~ Because it's a rental we don't have the liberty of putting nails all over the walls ~~~ so I had to be very selective on what went on walls.  

I do change my watercolor paintings with the seasons, so I could use the same nail.. haha.

Simple splashes of red and green, and ONE Nativity Scene.  This is a first, since I collect them, and had lots of places to put them in the previous house.  I'll put out a different one next year.

But simple is good and it's done and I can just sit back and enjoy the colors and the smell of all the new candles.

10 comments:

  1. I like simple! It all looks very cheery and festive! I like simple too...just a few of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's beautiful. I think less is more. That's what I'm thinking this year. I'm waiting on my baby girl to be born so that's all the beauty I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple is good. I never go overboard with my decorating. I love to decorate, but then it has to all come down. So I try not to put too much out! Your house is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple is definitely beautiful :) I love your red splashes of color. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Wanda.
    Sometimes simple is a real beautiful way to go.
    I love your splashes of Christmas color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Understatement is an art in itself Wanda. We have Coca Cola to thank for the red Father Christmas and in our house Christmas starts when the Coca Cola truck advert has been on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wanda, Your tree house is beautiful simply decorated for Christmas. Love the pops of red. Simplicity will allow you to relax and enjoy this special time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanda, Your red things pop . It doesn't take a lot to make it like Christmas, just a few things here and there, and maybe a tree. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Wanda. Some splashes of red certainly warm up the place, doesn't it? Love your masthead and blogger template right now -- perfect for the season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your festive décor. Looks lovely and sometimes "simple" has more of an impact.
    Also, if you want to avoid nail holes, there is very handy two-sided tape for hanging/mounting lighter weight objects. And it just peels away once removed. Might be an option to consider.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)