Wednesday, September 17, 2014

SHE IS HERE!

 LAX TUESDAY MORNING ~ MEETING MARTHA FACE TO FACE.    I always knew I loved that face.

Today my dearest was the driver and took us to a couple of Thrift Stores.  This was the best of the two, and we both found a few items, including some children's books.


This one was a big disappointment ~ NO Air Conditioning *103 outside, and it felt that hot inside...Needless to say we didn't stay long enough to find anything.


Then off to a A/C Mall and lunch at Red Robin.  This is the one our granddaughter manages, but it was her day off, so we missed her, but we didn't miss a great lunch.  Our attempt at a "selfie" didn't quite get it.
This dear man was our driver, and enjoyed a Red Robin Special.
Tomorrow we're on our own, as I plan to take Martha to see our old home, check out my favorite Thrift Store "Sun Thrift" and visit Elizabeth.  I know she will be delighted to meet Martha.

What a joy to be with Martha and share our lives face to face.

20 comments:

  1. It is very neat to see you together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priscilla ~ Having so much fun with your sister. Blogging will be so different now that we've met.

      Delete
    2. Priscilla, it has been wonderful!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!
    Look at those 2 faces!
    I am loving this!
    Please talk about me...and then tell me ! hahaha!
    What a chance of a lifetime for both of your...
    Martha...have you ever been to California before???
    What do you think???
    If Wanda visits New York, I can meet her...FOR SURE!
    Let em know what you 2 are up to....
    OMG!!! I am giddy!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda please know you have been talked about. All good of course!! Martha's first trip to CA. Of course she came when we'er having a heat wave. So hot we haven't got to enjoy the balcony. But she did get a picture of my elusive butterfly. We're giddy too..best slumber party ever.

      Delete
    2. I have been to California once before when my FIL passed away, but he lived north of San Francisco in Fairfield and it was February. It was not quite the same kind of trip. This is ever so much more fun.

      Delete
  3. I love it!!! Have a ball! I KNOW you will!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure are. I understand you were not feeling well. Hope you're doing much better now.

      Delete
  4. I can see the visit is off to a great start!!! I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone should get to meet a special blog friend in person. We are surely having a good time.

      Delete
  5. We love Red Robin. So glad ya'll had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do too. Martha and I had salads and appetizers. Great place to eat.

      Delete
  6. So fun to see you together - I know you will have a great visit. I cannot get over the size of that burger!! Holy Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa..My dearest said it looks bigger in the picture. But he ate the whole thing. We are having a great time. That's the first time I've heard the expression "Holy Hannah"....funny. Martha's daughter's name is Hannah.

      Delete
    2. Ha - I didn't know that! Glad to hear you are having fun. A special time for you both.

      Delete
  7. How good to spend time together, and I think your selfie of the two of you is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee! So glad she arrived safely. I know I don't need to say this, but have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO glad you and Martha are enjoying this time together!! And, Red Robin is my grandsons' favorite place to have a "special" meal!! Those burgers are WOW! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)