Sunday, September 28, 2014

ALMOST THERE!

 We said good bye this morning to our dear friends Sue and Dave and headed for our last stop before getting to Oregon and seeing Tristan.  
 The sky as we neared Yreka was just layers and layers of clouds.  My little camera can't begin to capture the beauty and awesomeness of the sky.
You always know you are just a few miles away from Yreka when you see this cow and calf along side the road.  Thy are sculptured from scrap metal and look so real.  The cow has been there for years, but the calf is a new addition.  Wonder if the artist is working on a herd..HaHa.

Tomorrow morning the last leg of the trip and will arrive at Jills in the afternoon.  It's been a great trip so far and looking forward to being to our destination tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. You are still in the beginnings of your journey and we just now returned home!!! I will pray for YOUR safe travel as you prayed for mine!! I am so happy to be home I nearly cried....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Linda...I followed your trip as we were packing and beginning ours. Loved all your pictures and all your stops. Hope LD is feeling much better... There is no place like home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved every minute sharing stories and your company.
    I'm glad we could finally go and have donuts in Apple Hill too.
    Have a wonderful visit with family and will be praying for a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice trip. The scenery and visiting must be very enjoyable. Safe travels to you. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the calf was real and wondered why it was mooing at the sculpture! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sky. I saw Greenville won again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanda, That's a great sculpture. The clouds were a nice photo. Be safe. Thinking of you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...that view of the mountain in front of you is wonderful! Such a gorgeous site from here in flat Ohio! haha. Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am home again, missing Austin, Jim, and Michele, and you are just getting started on the lovin'. Thankfully, I have some little folks to love on here too, and soon we will have someone brand new to hug and kiss. Sabrina is due in less than 2 weeks. The fun never ends!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous scenery, Wanda. At first glance I thought the cow and calf were real! Ha! Enjoy a lovely time with your family. I bet they are so happy that you are almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a road trip with that kind of scenery. Great pics. Hopefully, you are now with your beloved family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love driving West. Haven't done that in a few years now. Miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope that trip is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)