Sunday, August 31, 2014

YOU WANT PULLED PORK??


This is "Pulled Pork" the Torres style  We celebrated Labor Day with our daughter, Michel and our SIL's family.  Their idea of pulled pork is get a pig from the pig farm, bury it with the hot coals and let it cook 24 hours.  Oh my goodness.  It was so good, with all the side dishes including a big bowl of cold slaw.


This is only the second time I've seen the whole pig roasted.  When Michel and Michael were married, his family did a full Mexican meal for the wedding reception.


Most people would prefer not to see this scene before eating, but it was rather fascinating and the kids thought it was pretty cool. 

How was your Labor Day?  Did you party or stay home?

10 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and a very honest style of preparing food, unlike when we go to the store and buy a little package of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have a lot of pig roasts here at the lake...I was always amazed that they looked more like goats when all was said and done. I love pork...I'm just not as strong in the stomach about the process as I was before.

    I know you had a great time! And I hope you are having a wonderful holiday!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only pig I have seen cooked was in Hawaii! Looks delicious! You always have the best time - whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having just returned from England we're too tired to go anywhere. Had whole roast pork once many years ago and it was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun. I did ribs and wing for the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool Wanda.
    The only time we had a whole pig roasted was for a friends Hawaiian Luau. They did there's right in the ground in the back yard. It was so good. I love seeing you so happy and being able to be with family. What a joy.
    Not doing anything in particular today. Just getting ready for our first Small Group of the season tomorrow night and catching up on the dreaded bills. Going to be 100F by 4PM. I think I will stay inside and have chicken salad for dinner.
    Have you made your decision on Jill yet? Just curious..(:0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, I meant to say their's not there's.......I know better than that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet it was delicious. I must admit I find it hard to see... but it's not like we don't all know where it comes from! Nice to spend time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had pulled pork at a luau while we were in Hawaii last week. It was SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think a pig roast sounds fantastic!
    We went to a friend's picnic this time around, just me and James.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)