Saturday, August 30, 2014

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY

LAME HANDS OF FAITH . . .


"I falter where I firmly trod,
And falling with my weight of cares
Upon the great world's altar-stairs
That slope thro' darkness up to God,
I stretch lame hands of faith, and grope.....

Dear Lord, I do not know the author of these pleading words, but I have many time felt this way when I try to pray and the weight of my cares take my words away, and the stairway to You seems dark ~ so I do stretch my lame hands of faith and grope for words to say.  Then I remember that You said when my words won't come ~ the Holy Spirit groans my feeble words and shares my deepest heart with the Father.  Thank you Lord.  I love You.  Amen.

Staircase from googleimages.com


5 comments:

  1. So many of us feeling feeble just now...what a comforting thought that The Holy Spirit is Himself praying for us. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, this was just beautiful. Such a praise to our Heavenly Father. It is a comfort to know that when we are feeble and weary God is making intersession on our behalf.
    I just heard in church last week from the Pastor these words.
    "If I could hear God praying for me in the other room, I would not fear all my enemies."
    Bless you! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so beautiful. It reminds me of the man who said, "Lord, I believe. Help thou my unbelief." (Mark 9:24) I've prayed that prayer more than once. --Kris

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)